Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skummer

My Gel is smelling strongly and burning? Still?

TY for posting about dans BP I will now be holding off on purchasing until the coast is clear. I just started dans regimen YAY! And have been using a lotion type of BP. Does dan also have a cream BP too? I thhink it is less irritating than a gel.

OK you guys. I looked into our paperwork on all of this. This batch is similar to the others. It was specifically tested for sensitivity and irritancy and passed. However, no product is good for everyone. It seems some people are sensitive to Acne.org BP. If you are one of those people, please try Neutrogena On-The-Spot or another BP. In the meantime, we have been doing our best to develop an ultra-gentle formula and I have 28 samples of it at this time. To those of you who have experienced irritation from the BP, please email [email protected] and we will send you one of the new samples to try if you would like. I really appreciate the feedback.

I just started using dan's products about 2 months ago. Although, I have been using BP since I was 12 and I'm 23 now always had pretty decent results. Really what made me order dan's products was the AHA, when I ordered the AHA I decided to buy a travel size of his BP. I have been using on the spot for about 4 years now and dans is much cheaper. I had great results using the BP and the AHA, my skin looked better than it had in years! I was super happy! I decided to order a bigger bottle of the BP and another bottle of AHA. The new bottle (batch 9152) has a different smell(which I don't really like) and is thicker than the small travel size bottle I bought the last time. Both aren't a big deal and I actually like the thicker formula. But, it did burn and cause redness, the small bottle did not cause any problems and I have never experienced this with any other BP. I have only been using it for 2 days and I have about 5 pimples that just popped up last night and it's been about 6 months since I have broke out. There has also been no other change in my skin care routine. I will keep using the new bottle and see if it gets better, I will post my results in a few days.

I actually got together 5 of my friends to try the products. 3 of em said they are itching like crazy... o well, i requested an RMA. Guess acne.org isn't for me. But i'll keep supporting

i am 2/3 though one of these bottles and i have had no issues so far

i did have a reaction to the batch that Dan recalled a few months ago

i have been on the reg since Feb so maybe my skin has just adjusted, i am more or less clear

hey,

Ive noticed some problems with my 9152 batch as well. It doesnt seem to be working well at all for me. Anyone else notice this?

Also I noticed by BP pump pumps out inconsisten amounts. Is there anyway to ensure it is giving me the same amount every time. Thanks.

hey,

Ive noticed some problems with my 9152 batch as well. It doesnt seem to be working well at all for me. Anyone else notice this?

Also I noticed by BP pump pumps out inconsisten amounts. Is there anyway to ensure it is giving me the same amount every time. Thanks.

Always push the pump down slowly. That should help.

SERIOUSLY -

People - I just came online to do a keyword search for this phrase: Batch 9152

This thread came up - you guys - something seriously - seriously - is wrong with this batch. I am going to be emailing Dan ASAP tonight - I just finished a 16oz of BP from Dan - batch 8240 expiration 08/10 and have been using Dan's stuff for over a year. I just finished this last bottle mentioned - and had to open up a new bottle the next day. The new bottle is batch 9152 expiration date 06/11 and by the end of the night (right now) I have chemical burns all over my face. I am not joking. I am willing to send Dan some pictures ASAP - something is very VERY wrong with this batch.

Note: I have not switched anything - I'm using Dan's wash AM - and then BP - like normal - and this was literally a routine switch out of bottles.

Also - I did have one of the bad batches recalled, which was batch "9007" However - I still have the bottle from the bad batch "9007" - the smell coming from the "9007" bad batch and the smell of the BP from the batch "9152" are IDENTICAL. It's a very strong alcohol smell. The 9007 bad batch bottle - is from before May 2009 - and has been opened. This smell is NOT a fresh BP smell - it's a strong chemical smell. The 9152 smells the same as the bad batch - 5 months old.

I even still have some BP left of my old bottle that I just finished, batch 8240 (which was working totally fine) - when you compare the two BP's - the smells are so completely different - it's not even funny. My husband even did a comparison and said that the 9152 smells like an abrasive cleaner compared to the one I just got done using yesterday (batch 8240.) The 8240 BP has a sort of "plastic" bottle smell - like all lotions smell like from being in a bottle. The bad batch "9007" and this one that I started using batch "9152" smell like medicine - very strong pungent chemical smell.

I am going to send this off and write Dan an email ASAP - I literally have parts of my forehead, cheeks and nose area that are swelling from this batch of BP. I was fine last night - using the batch 8240 - but when I opened my new bottle - batch 9152 - it's very strong smelling (just like 9007 bad batch) and it BURNS. Literally.

I decided to wait out the day to see if it would go down - but it's just gotten worse. I just did my normal nightly face routine (wash with Dan's wash and BP) and it's an absolute chemical burn.

Please - I noticed there were no new updates with this - has Dan checked this out??? Has anyone else had this problem??

I am attaching a photo of my overall face: - mind you - it's dark here and the camera is giving off a bit of a reddish tint (because of no natural sunlight in the room) but you can tell there are some burn spots on my face and an overall red burn to it?? Something is not right you guys - this was like a light switch - it was so fast.

Please help Dan!

Are there other batches available after 9152 available? I'm just curious if I order 2 new 16oz bottles of BP today - would the batch be 9152? Or could I get a different batch to see if it react the same or smells different? Because this one is totally like batch 9007. Same smell - same burn.

** I want to add too, that I have been using Dan's stuff for awhile - so I do know that normally when I open a new bottle of BP - there is usually a strong smell for a bit (fresh) - but this is a COMPLETELY different smell than the bottle I just got done using. I've got a bit of the old stuff - and the difference is like day and night. Something isn't right. **

Edited by Katrina Mae

Thanks so much for merging them! I just emailed Dan - something isn't right with this 9152 batch. I ordered the 9152 batch in August - 2 bottles - opened the one now..and it smells just as strong as the bad 9007 batch that I opened in before May 2009. This isn't a fresh new BP smell/reaction (because my 9007 bottle has been opened for 5 months now and still smells STRONG like 9152 batch) - something is not right with the 9152 batch!!!

I've also been on Dan's BP for over a year - none of his BP's have done this except the recalled 9007 batch. And the 9152 batch. The replacement bottle (batch 8240 that I ran out of last night) was sent out to me to replace the bad 9007 batch bottle I had and was working awesome. The results are like night and day. It's scary.

I just want to add - I just saw a post by Brandy who said that once a BP is opened - it should be used within 6 months. I have a bottle from the recalled "bad" batch - 9007 - that I've had opened since May 2009 (when Dan sent out replacement bottles) and the "new" fresh batch 9152 that I opened today - smells exactly the same as the bad "old" batch 9007..... like medicine. Not a good sign.

I really do think something is too strong in the new stuff....the old stuff (or 800+ batches) worked so well! And smelled neutral....

Thanks c'est - I did email Dan - so I'll stop and wait from him. I just started replying when I saw that others had issues around the same date stamp when others did - from the same batch. If I was using something that burned my face - and didn't know that others were - I'd want to know :) That's why I posted on the threads.

Just a note: I have had the 9152 bottles sitting in my cupboard since last month - had no clue that people had an issue with them on here - or even mentioned them on the board. I know a lot of people complain about using the products and have redness/reactions - but this isn't the first time there's been a bad batch - which is actually really scary when it's a bad reaction. Why don't these posts get "stuck" to the top for a little bit so people can check out their products and see if they have them as well?? I'm thinking I could have tried my bottles sooner (since I got them early last month) to see if I had an immediate reaction to help some people on here??? I would have gladly done so (and actually done it for myself - knowing that I had 2 bottles that might be bad sitting in my cupboard - and now this is the only BP I have on hand?!) EEK!?

I really hope Dan can help out!

And - David1017 - yes - hospital bills are a lot more - but I don't want to give up on Dan's products - so I'm gonna keep using this until I hear back from Dan. I've been using them for over a year - and they've been great - but something is definitely amiss with these new batches... :(

Edited by Katrina Mae

I'd just like to point out that the batches people had issues with a few months back weren't "bad" batches. There was just an ingredient change that some (not all) users were sensitive too. It wasn't anything serious or harmful--some people's skins were just sensitive to the ingredient change.

As far as I know, Dan hasn't found anything that would make this batch any different from other batches that people have been fine with. And since not everybody that has BP from the 9152 batch is having problems, I don't think it's necessarily a "bad" batch this time, either.

Also, I've edited the title of this thread to make it easier to find for people who may be having issues with this batch. ; )

And I totally agree with you on this too - what I'm hoping is that if Dan is trying to lessen the Urea aspect (the formeldahyde (spelled wayyy wrong)) so it's better for your skin - I agree with that. What I'm wondering is if he's trying to do what he did to the 9007 batch - to this 9152 batch - and maybe my skin is just used to the other formula he used - and maybe it will get used to this stuff?? The burning is really bad though. Not good.

None of Dan's BP ever burned for me - but I guess if he's been using the same amount of stuff in it each time - it wouldn't change on my skin. But if he's trying to lessen the Urea and increase the other stuff (like he did in 9007) - maybe my skin will take a week to get used to it??? I dunno. The burning is really bad - like a horrible suburn. I'm not peeling though - like some others have complained about - just really really RED.

If I don't break out - which is why I am going to keep using it until Dan gets back to me - I'll keep using it. I'm just afraid - with all this redness - that it's irritation/irritating my skin - and irritation leads to acne. I'm 100% clear - so hopefully Dan can help explain the extreme redness.

Edited by Katrina Mae

My skin has been okay with the 9084 batch (exp. 3/11). It did burn a little when I first started using it, but I'd recently had a terrible allergic reaction (non-product related) that left my skin incredibly, incredibly sensitive to any and all products, so it would be impossible for me to say if any of the irritation I experienced at that time had to do with the BP, or if it was just because my skin was sensitive to everything at that point.

It has taken my skin a while to recover and de-sensitize from the allergic reaction, but now that it has, I haven't had any issues at all with my 9084 batch BP.

Just to make it clear, I have the 9152 batch.

I had a older bottle, and I decided to use that instead, since the 9152 was extremely harsh.

Ever since I switched back to the older batch, I haven't had a single problem.

The moment I go back to the 9152 batch, it just tears my skin apart.

Dan said everything was fine, so I just decided not to use it, and leave it aside.

The other batches I have are fine compared to this one.

Edited by Tenenbaum

Hi guys, thought I'd post again by way of update.

I feel as if I jumped the gun a little on this batch.

The smell was indeed very strong, and I'm pretty sure I experienced a little more redness and (gentle) burning than usual at first.

HOWEVER, I have continued to use it, and over the course of about a week, the smell has subsided greatly and I am no longer experiencing any adverse symptoms. For me it is now completely fine, and behaves like past batches of BP.

My only theory is that, as Dan says, the BP is now getting to us much faster and is therefore fresher, this for some reason means that a particular ingredient is more "raw" if that makes sense. Possibly the one that smells, for if the smell subsides, it would suggest that it may be becoming less irritant.

So I suggest maybe sticking with it.

Again, I'm now of the opinion that this batch is absolutely fine.

Big thanks to Dan for his input and especially the ultra-sensitive BP samples, I look forward to giving him some feedback :)

Edited by skummer

Okay well I'm an impatient guy and its been a long time since I've used Dans BP besides the 9157 batch so I ordered another one and, hoping its a different batch, I am going to test it on my skin to see the differences. Keep you guys posted!

I ordered some BP two days ago and they were shipped yesterday. Is it likely that I am going to receive some bad BP as well?

also ordered pb 2 days ago (for the first time), plz let it be a other batch!!!!!

hope it will be a other one cuz i have the starter kit with the tube...

Edited by joris

To those that just ordered some BP - I'd wait until you get your BP and then check out the batch numbers on the bottom. Dan's stuff works like a charm - I've never had any problems over the year that I've been using Dan's stuff - I'd order some more right now to compare or to replace these "strong" 9152 bottles I have, but I can't because I'm moving this week! I love Dan's stuff so I'd just wait until you get your BP and then check out the bottom of the bottle for the printed batch number and expiration date. Just take note of which batch you have - and try it out. Now that I've been using Dan's stuff for awhile - taking note of the ingredients (comparing labels from old to new bottles) and taking note of the batch numbers on the BP (his wash doesn't have it) is just something to get into your routine - JUST INCASE - you have a problem (not saying you will at all!!!)

C'est is right when she says that these batches are not "bad" batches - I apologize for saying that they were "bad" - Dan told some people to throw them away and I had one of them. I will rename them as just "stronger" batches :) Some people were/are completely fine with this batch 9152 BP. I had a quick and strong red reaction - just like the other "strong" batches - 9007 and 9028. Those batches Dan got out of circulation.

Skummer - thank you SO MUCH for your recent update. I really appreciate you coming back and posting. I am going to go ahead like you - and I am going to keep using it - to see what happens. I really love Dan's stuff - and I think this is just an "initial" fresh or strong reaction. However - when I compare the strong smell of batch 9152 to the other "strong" batch 9007 - they are completely the SAME. So that made/makes me very very nervous. But since your skin adapted - or the "strong" became less "raw" - I am going to keep on and see if I have the same result. This would probably help Dan out, too.

I haven't broken out from it - this is my second day on it - I'm going to see how it goes. However - I don't have older batches of BP - I just open one bottle up - and use it until it's gone - so the two I have left to use - are new ones - 9152. I don't open up several bottles of BP at a time- I'd think that it would loose it's effectiveness if one did that :)

So - I'm going to truck on - and see what happens. I did email Dan - I know that he watches the boards - so if he reads this - just know Dan - that I am going to wait and see if my skin can handle it :) The "stronger" 9152 that is. I'd love a gentler version though!!! But my skin is pretty used to BP...

I'm also in the process of moving - so I cannot receive any replacement shipments or take any other stuff with me :( I'm military - and they take EVERYTHING!? So - this is the ultimate worst time for me to have to try something out on my face - I've got no options at this point - but to dive in and keep trying the 9152. I think that it will be like Skummer's results - and the "rawness" will subside! I hope!!!!!!

Yaqz - I'd love to hear your update on what batch you get from your order!!! I would order 2 new bottles right now - if I could - but I can't because of moving?! I won't be getting mail for a good month I think?!?!!? ACK!?!?!?

Maybe I can stop by San Fran on my move..... pick up some BP..... :) But that would be going the wrong way for me....

So I will update on here too - I really am thankful and appreciate everyone else's feedback on this batch! Thank you so much everyone!!!

Edited by Katrina Mae