Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dan25

REGIMEN BLEACHES CLOTHES!

ok so I just got some new shorts and bleach spots are all over pockets or places I touch, I get sweaty its florida, my shirts get bleach collars/bleach spots I try not to touch my face and I wash my hands this stuff works really well but my clothes suffer Im gonna have to use something else, well my acne is almost naturally cleared maybe 1-2 zits I should just spot treat, im done with the regimen THE REGIMEN IS HORRIBLE ON CLOTHES,, any suggestions on what else works really well? Im gonna try SA and AHA as a regimen, BP BLEACHES YOUR CLOTHES.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#prevent-bleach

Q: What can I do to help prevent BP from bleaching my stuff?

A: The fact that BP bleaches fabric is in my opinion its biggest drawback. Sometimes there's not a lot you can do about it. However, these tips may help:

Wash and dry hands thoroughly after handling benzoyl peroxide.

Do not rub sweat from your face on your clothing.

Put your clothes on first, then apply BP. If you apply BP first and then put on your clothes, hold your shirt neck holes open wide while pulling them so they don't touch the face. Do the same when removing your shirts.

Use white towels.

Wear a white t-shirt under clothing if you are treating your back/chest with bp.

Dab sweat off with a clean dry towel to avoid run-off onto clothing.

Take your shirt off before washing your face in the sink so the wash water doesn't get splashed onto your shirt by accident.

When washing at the sink, if you have a carpeted bathroom, place a towel under your feet to catch any drips that may fall while you are washing.

Use white pillowcases and sheets. In a pinch, an old t-shirt can also be used as a pillowcase.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#prevent-bleach

Q: What can I do to help prevent BP from bleaching my stuff?

A: The fact that BP bleaches fabric is in my opinion its biggest drawback. Sometimes there's not a lot you can do about it. However, these tips may help:

Wash and dry hands thoroughly after handling benzoyl peroxide.

Do not rub sweat from your face on your clothing.

Put your clothes on first, then apply BP. If you apply BP first and then put on your clothes, hold your shirt neck holes open wide while pulling them so they don't touch the face. Do the same when removing your shirts.

Use white towels.

Wear a white t-shirt under clothing if you are treating your back/chest with bp.

Dab sweat off with a clean dry towel to avoid run-off onto clothing.

Take your shirt off before washing your face in the sink so the wash water doesn't get splashed onto your shirt by accident.

When washing at the sink, if you have a carpeted bathroom, place a towel under your feet to catch any drips that may fall while you are washing.

Use white pillowcases and sheets. In a pinch, an old t-shirt can also be used as a pillowcase.

No offense, but this isn't exactly new news. To most people it's common knowledge that benzoyl peroxide bleaches fabrics. It's on the back of all products that contain Benzoyl Peroxide. Proactiv's BP can also bleach fabrics.

No offense, but this isn't exactly new news. To most people it's common knowledge that benzoyl peroxide bleaches fabrics. It's on the back of all products that contain Benzoyl Peroxide. Proactiv's BP can also bleach fabrics.

It is pretty much common knowledge and also addressed in the FAQs.

*moderator edit* I think we know BP bleaches clothes and I'm telling you it is very hard to avoid, I also asked if you know of an alternative.

In my personal opinion, y'all are making way too big a deal out of this. Bleaching clothes is not that difficult to avoid. All you have to do is dress before you apply BP, and consciously avoid touching your face (you should be doing this already). I live in Georgia, and I sweat a lot so I can relate to heat. I also wear pretty nice clothes to college, but I never have any problems with bleaching. All you have to do is be aware of your hands.

i lost about 15 good T shirts i bought for $30 each.

What a bummer, oh well. Not to mention like 20 Towels.

try nutrogena SA face wash and AHA moisturize this is working way better than BP did for me I would recommend this to anybody even if you have no acne.

Edited by dan25

The bleaching is a pain, I agree. Ive damaged a couple of tops because of it. I couldnt avoid it- it was 30c (which is very unusual here), I was walking a lot and absolutely sweating buckets. I went to take off my shirt to have a shower and got BP all over the shirt that was pretty much stuck to me (so attractive). It was either that or wash my face with the shirt on, which would have got it on my shirt anyway.

Simple morale of the story is read up on what you are using!! Dont put anything on your very delicate face until you have read up on it, both on here and on the packaging.

I rarely have the problem with bleaching. Even when my dermatologist put me on 10% BP. My towels will bleach a litte but, they're just towels used for drying my face and body anyways...no big deal.

The best is to apply BP at night. Therefore you can use an old pillowcase and clothes. So therefore, if it does bleach than no big deal.

i lost about 15 good T shirts i bought for $30 each.

What a bummer, oh well. Not to mention like 20 Towels.

You actually didn't learn your lesson after the first 1 or 2 that got bleached?

Its not hard to avoid at all. Only thing that is basically unavoidable is the pillow case.

Y'all must not live in the South :) In regards to the top poster, I also live in Florida and unless you spend your days always indoors, being outside for even a few minutes will cause you to sweat. I'm currently biting the bullet and only using BP at night, with SA/sunscreen during the day.