Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

I just bought Organic Greek yogurt plain

Ingredient: Cultured Pasteurized organic non fat milk contains Five live active

Hopefully I chose the right one. :) I'll let you know how it [email protected]!

I saw that Greek yogurt helps to get rid of acne, wondering if that's true.

What could I add on top of it? Lemon ? or what

Greek Yogurt is the only yogurt I eat. I get the Greek Gods kind. I usually just mix in some cinnamon and a few berries. Delicious.

Greek Yogurt is the only yogurt I eat. I get the Greek Gods kind. I usually just mix in some cinnamon and a few berries. Delicious.

Thanks, I will try that! Could it work on whey protein? :)

make your own yogurt, it will yield around 750 billion live active bacteria per cup (8oz.)

There are 100 trillion plus in your entire digestive tract starting in your mouth. commercial yogurt is reported to have not nearly as much 5-15 billion. Consider this information i give you as possibly reliable. And possibly revolutionary. its only a matter of time i believe that probiotics will be revered as the next "vitamins" eventually being more closly linked to playing causitive roles in diseases, as is happening somewhat silently right now.

Many probiotic strains cannot be incorporated into yogurt though, and the traditional strains like L. bulgarus and S. thermophilus arent proven to be probiotics or they may even be proven NOT to be probiotics, but they still have massive benfits, to be a true probiotic it must survive stomach acids and populate the intestine or make a "home" in your intestine. So the yogurt strains as far as i remember may not be true probiotics.

These bacterias jobs vary from maintaining villi height, increasing intestinal mass, creating natural antibiotics, boosting immune system, and decreasing intestinal permeability likewise increasing barrier function or what gets in and what stays out of the blood stream therefore reducing the amount of toxins the liver has to deal with, and what toxins are let in to damage precious tissues.

The existence of the desire to patent these bacteria, and the reality of it happening as i type, says that im not alone in seeing where this is heading. These are the next "vitamins".

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

make your own yogurt, it will yield around 750 billion live active bacteria per cup (8oz.)

There are 100 trillion plus in your entire digestive tract starting in your mouth. commercial yogurt is reported to have not nearly as much 5-15 billion. Consider this information i give you as possibly reliable. And possibly revolutionary. its only a matter of time i believe that probiotics will be revered as the next "vitamins" eventually being more closly linked to playing causitive roles in diseases, as is happening somewhat silently right now.

Many probiotic strains cannot be incorporated into yogurt though, and the traditional strains like L. bulgarus and S. thermophilus arent proven to be probiotics or they may even be proven NOT to be probiotics, but they still have massive benfits, to be a true probiotic it must survive stomach acids and populate the intestine or make a "home" in your intestine. So the yogurt strains as far as i remember may not be true probiotics.

These bacterias jobs vary from maintaining villi height, increasing intestinal mass, creating natural antibiotics, boosting immune system, and decreasing intestinal permeability likewise increasing barrier function or what gets in and what stays out of the blood stream therefore reducing the amount of toxins the liver has to deal with, and what toxins are let in to damage precious tissues.

The existence of the desire to patent these bacteria, and the reality of it happening as i type, says that im not alone in seeing where this is heading. These are the next "vitamins".

How to make my own?

Well, for now I'm going to buy organic greek yogurt until I learn how to make them myself.

I need to look for video how to make homemade yogurt.

It doesn't taste that great! But if it's healthy then I will continue to eat it! I'm terrified to add blue berries! I guess I need to find out if I break out from it.

making your own yogurt is very simple.

1.get some milk, preferably whole but really doesnt matter.

2. warm the milk up just until boiling i think they recommend 180F for 2 minutes this is to kill off any existing bacteria in the milk so you dont grow any bad stuff.

3. then mix in your starter culture, and put in a yogurt maker and wait 4 hours or more.

you may not really need a yogurt maker their may be other ways to do it tho, perhaps on the stove but the temp needs to be constant and stable, so you will have to use a thermomometer.

2. warm the milk up just until boiling i think they recommend 180F for 2 minutes this is to kill off any existing bacteria in the milk so you dont grow any bad stuff.

3. then mix in your starter culture, and put in a yogurt maker and wait 4 hours or more.

you may not really need a yogurt maker their may be other ways to do it tho, perhaps on the stove but the temp needs to be constant and stable, so you will have to use a thermomometer.

Hey thanks for posting about the probiotic and yogurt posts, but I have a question!

Do you know about the probiotic contents of goat's yogurt and if there are different types or more of them? I'm curious to make Goat Yogurt, since goat's milk is already better for our bodies, maybe the yogurt should be too. I am looking around and might start making some tonight.

You just need to keep it warm, around 100 degrees F. I use a heating pad. And have also done it in an oven with a pilot light or even just set it outside. And there are various methods by several different members in the Fermented food threads in the Food and recipe thread.

I love greek yoghurt!! It does taste a bit funny compared to normal or fruity sugary yoghurt... I can't have it on it's own. Here are some suggestions :)

- I think greek yoghurt tastes really nice with muesli! You could mix it up and leave it in the fridge overnight and eat it in the morning, or just mix them together when you want to eat it

- I'm a vegetarian and I love mexican food, and I always put greek yoghurt on my tacos or burritos as it tastes really nice in combination with the spicy bean mix I make.. I'm not sure whethere it would taste nice with meat or not though.

- I think it tastes really nice with a peach or melon based fruit salad (it's weird with citrus... but that might just be me!)

Hope that helped!!

I love greek yoghurt!! It does taste a bit funny compared to normal or fruity sugary yoghurt... I can't have it on it's own. Here are some suggestions :)

- I think greek yoghurt tastes really nice with muesli! You could mix it up and leave it in the fridge overnight and eat it in the morning, or just mix them together when you want to eat it

- I'm a vegetarian and I love mexican food, and I always put greek yoghurt on my tacos or burritos as it tastes really nice in combination with the spicy bean mix I make.. I'm not sure whethere it would taste nice with meat or not though.

- I think it tastes really nice with a peach or melon based fruit salad (it's weird with citrus... but that might just be me!)

Hope that helped!!

I'm just going to keep eating organic greek yogurt until I learn how to make them!

:P Like what exactly do I need to buy to make yogurt?

Hope that helped!!

I'm just going to keep eating organic greek yogurt until I learn how to make them!

:P Like what exactly do I need to buy to make yogurt?

Day 3 eating greek yogurt! So far I saw a bit of improvement! Also, I added eggs into my diet, my skin isn't that oily anymore!

I usually break out with tiny acne, probably because it needs to get used to the new diet I've added.

Edited by EddieE