Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joeshep

Bar soaps?

Hell every one. Does any one know of any reasonably priced bar soaps out there that can help with body acne?

I've been applying PanOxyl 2.5 aqua gel to my body but I end up using a lot of it in one go cos the acne is pretty much on every part of my torso. I just figured maybe a decent bar soap would be more efficient.

I feel your pain. I had the same problem for forever and a day. Neutrogena has some bar soaps. I used these before because they come in un-scented (that normally irritates my skin) and for oily skin (go to target, their brand is cheaper). Also, they have a liquid body wash just for body acne . Also, using a bath pouf (or however you spell it...) helps me not use as much soap. Hope this helps! :)

I used to have very severe bacne. A bar soap I found that worked well for me was Dove Exfoliating Bar Soap. Not only does it not over dry skin but, it removes those dead skin cells that can clog the pores. Panoxyl also makes bar soaps with either 5% or 10% but they can be very drying to the skin.

I suggest using the dove exfoliating bar soap. Then follow it with either a thin amount of BP gel, or use a pad that has been soaked in salicylic acid (like stridex pads) afterwards. This should help.