Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anon124

How Severe is this? PLEASE LOOK

Hi all...

I've been developing acne on my chest since about january of this year. I started taking clindoxyl at nights in june, then came back to the doctor and he gave me mino in late july. It's now been 40 days of Mino and I've seen fewer surfacing pimples, much fewer, but it isn't really 'clearing' up. I also have acne on my shoulders and back, but they are much easier to tolerate, not nearly as severe, and virtually no acne on my face.

Could someone offer me guidance as to whether the Mino is a waste of time and I should seek accutane or what? It's really appreciated... I'm finding myself shutting down the girl of my dreams because I don't want to take off my shirt.

post-111608-1251815687_thumb.jpg

post-111608-1251815697_thumb.jpg

post-111608-1251815704_thumb.jpg

post-111608-1251815687_thumb.jpg

post-111608-1251815697_thumb.jpg

post-111608-1251815704_thumb.jpg

Hi! Judging from your story the mino is working, so why stop it? I'm not an antibiotics fan at all, but if it's working it doesn't sound smart to quit. I remember having read some topics on Head & Shoulders for bacne. Unfortunately the search function is not working right now, so I can't look things up for you. But try and do a search, if I remember correctly it helped people get rid of their bacne (and it's not too expensive too). Good luck!

I feel for you! My acne on my face has also spread to my chest and i'm also on Minocyline, i've been on it for 3 weeks and at the moment I can see no improvement. But i'm going to ride out the storm until the end of treatment, I believe it can take up to 8 weeks for any sign of improvement, and my doc said Minocyline is some of the strongest you can get.

Chin up my friend, it's not very nice but it's not permanent :)

Is Mino an antibiotic? It looks like that's the case from AKL's post. If so you may be in luck...just have to wait a little while to see the results you want. My sister had acne alot like yours on her back and chest last year and she was given antibiotics for it. It took a couple of months before her skin started looking really clear again minus the scars (not saying you'll scar- my sister just happens to scar quite badly). It really improved her skin, however she hadn't been on it long before she decided to switch to Dianette (birth control pill) because I'd had such good results with it and her back and chest COMPLETELY cleared up with that. Obviously you can't take Dianette - but it is a drug that blocks androgens from creating excess oil in the skin, maybe there are anti-androgen drugs for men?...Although that may be dangerous...I don't know. Anyway, sorry it's long winded but I reckon antibiotics will probably do the trick anyway.

Thanks for the reply guys!

I play rugby about 3-4 times a week, so i consequently have some damage done to my chest area and I occasionally get blood on my t shirts after practice from popping i'm guessing. Is that detrimental?

And one other question... is this considered particularly severe or is it moderate or what? I've only ever had experience with my own personal acne so it's hard for me to judge what is 'severe'.

Edited by anon124