Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
planieguy

Are these scars or red marks? How to clear them?

Posted

My marks are pretty mild I guess compared to other people's, but they are a lot darker and are pretty noticeable.

They're <1mm and dark red/ pink/ purple and they don't appear to be fading. I've had one for at least 6 months with no change at all. :( They appear to be flat, although one of them very, very slightly indents.

At the moment I'm washing my face with warm water, anti bacterial soap and applying aloe vera gel twice daily. I want to see my GP/ a dermatologist but my parents won't let me :(

post-111606-1251812341_thumb.jpg

Posted

Anybody?

Posted
Anybody?

They appear to be red marks (hyperpigmentation) and not scars. They dont look that bad. I'm going through the same thing as the majority of my acne (besides my blackheads and a few on my chin) have gone but i have had these damn marks on my right cheek for about 8 months. I'm currently looking at products like jojoba and emu oil to speed up my skin's natural healing.

Hyperpigmentation can take from 6 months to two or three years to heal so it's a sad case of waiting i'm afraid. If it really bothers you and is affecting your confidence you could perhaps ask your parents if they could send you to a derm or ask your doctor if there is anything you can do to speed up the healing process.

Posted

When I think scars I think of an indent kind of deal. Usually it has redness too like on my face. When the redness goes away than you're left with the barely visible indent.

The redness makes the scars look bad but once the redness goes away the scars are hardly noticeable.

Posted

Thanks for the replies guys, they look really bad today :(

I'm putting sun cream on.

I wish I could go see a doctor or derm, but my parent's won't let me.

Posted

Why not? Do they think it's not bad enough?

some parents can be so cruel

Posted

Have you tried discussing your concerns with your parents? Maybe they will let you see someone if they understand the issue a little better and how you feel about it.

Posted

Hm..... I would try using a face wash for sensitive skin.... I don't think washing your face w/ antibacterial soap is a good idea! Also, find a moisturizer to put on your face regularly. Don't buy anything harsh with acid because that will just aggravate the redmarks... i know bc i have them! Also get a sunscreen so they don't become darker! Don't spend tons of money: you can find plenty in the drugstore.... I would try something by Aveeno or Neutrogena or Dove. Remember: NOTHING HARSH!! I'm sorry they won't go away. For me, a mild face wash, great moisturizer, and sunscreen has worked wonders :think: i hope this helps

Posted
My marks are pretty mild I guess compared to other people's, but they are a lot darker and are pretty noticeable.

They're <1mm and dark red/ pink/ purple and they don't appear to be fading. I've had one for at least 6 months with no change at all. :( They appear to be flat, although one of them very, very slightly indents.

At the moment I'm washing my face with warm water, anti bacterial soap and applying aloe vera gel twice daily. I want to see my GP/ a dermatologist but my parents won't let me :(

Do the same steps as the regimen, except the moisturizer part, instead of moisturizng, use AHA. Be sure to have been using BP for over 4 weeks to ensure your face can resist AHA.

Posted

A ha, I wouldn't say they were cruel, but they think I'm being pathetic. I'm sorry, but I'm sick of being covered in red marks.

Posted

Well I've just been told off about my spots.

A spot that was healing is bleeding, I don't know why. Yet another scar to come I bet.

I'm just gonna have scars all over my face forever aren't I?!

What am I going to do :(

Posted

Hi. Whenever I suffer from post acneic red marks etc I apply zincofax cream to them. I spot apply it at night time since its a thicker consistency. Then I place a towel on my pillow case so that the residue doesnt dirty the pillow cases. Dec 06 just after Christmas I had tons of post acneic red marks and in a weeks time they were all gone. This zincofax cream is the same cream that mothers apply to their babies bottoms when treating diaper rash. I use the extra strength formula.

Goodluck

Posted

I'm not really bothered about the slight indentation, it's barely noticeable and hey, everyone has little indents in their faces.

It's just the redness that bothers me.

Posted

You can use a home remedy which will help the acne red marks disappear more quickly. Mix five teaspoons of baking soda with 9 teaspoons of water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the acne spots, and allow it to dry, then wash it away. You can also apply it and massage the marks gently, then wash the paste away. Thats one of the best/easiest/cheapest methods ever, but it will take atleast a month before results

Another good product would be "Zeniac LP Fort" Which contains 9% AHA. It can be applied as a moisturizer 10 minutes after BP is applied., but if you have acne under control and only need the red spots to go away, taking out BP would speeden up the process. Again, DO NOT USE THIS unless you have been on the Regimen for atleast 4 weeks.

Posted

EMU Oil is a godsend, I have used it on my red marks for a week and they have dramatically lightened up. The product I have used is Care line's Emu Oil Cream with Jojoba & Vitamin E. I urge anyone to give this a try! I bought mine on E bay

You can get it from here:

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110547861759&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

GOOD LUCK~