Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kago26

The reason adults get ACNE

No it's not because you have 'undersized' pores, or because of germs living on your face.

It is simply this:

When you put stuff in your body which does not support its growth, the body will expel it. If it is in large amounts the body will simply make you vomit the substance out (like alcohol). But if you consume these substances little by little the body isn't called to such a drastic expulsion, so the substances slowly build up in the body.

These toxins enter your body every day from a variety of sources: they are in your foods; water; air; and some are even produced by the body (stress hormones)

However, they still need to be removed. This is mainly the job of the liver and kidneys, to gather all of the toxins in the body and get rid of it through the excretory system.

But when you get to the point where the toxins in your body are too much for the liver to handle on it’s own, it has to resort to the body’s secondary cleansing tools, which include the body’s largest organ, the skin.

So when the body realizes that the liver and kidneys cannot expel all of the toxins on it’s own, it calls upon the skin to help out. When toxins are trying to escape through the skin on your face, thats when the trouble occurs and acne forms.

The same concept applies to teenagers going through puberty, the surge in the production of hormones causes a surplus that the body can’t use and which has to be flushed out of the body. Again, the liver cannot filter it all on its own and again waste must be passed through the skin which causes acne.

So basically to get rid of acne you only need to do 3 things:

1. Remove the built up toxins in your body (exercise and clean water)

2. Stop putting toxins in your body (Stress, mental attitude, diet)

3. Allow your body to heal itself (Mental attitude)

Using very simple methods I am pleased to say that I am clear of acne after 7 years of sever acne.

I have a quick overview of my regimen for getting clear here on acne.org the link to it is in my signature.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!

K

Unfortunately this does not work for me. But at least in the process of trying I gained muscle and lost weight.

So can toxins expel in same 2 areas over and over, in my case i have chin acne and there are two general areas that it is always the worse and it just will not quit. I have been dieting for 3 months and it still will not quit. It just doesnt make sense to me and i am so sick of it all, i look unhealthy as hell cause i have lost so much weight. I am 5'9 and only weigh 140lbs, before i started diet i weighed about 155lbs. So sick and tired of these two areas reoccuring over and over, right when one side heals the other side flares up with one, it goes back n forth. Dont get acne anywhere else. I would rather it flare up on my cheek than right near mouth under lip on chin, it can never heal fully.

Kago26, I like and agree 100% with your post.

To add to your post; my problem is that my food doesnt digest properly and I have a leaky gut.

So just eating healthy wasnt good enough. I am now taking extra supplements to aid my digestion issues, and to help my liver handle all the toxins (I dont have a gallbladder), all this on top of a normal healthy diet and excercise. And for the first time in a long time, I am starting to see a difference.

Kago26, I like and agree 100% with your post.

To add to your post; my problem is that my food doesnt digest properly and I have a leaky gut.

So just eating healthy wasnt good enough. I am now taking extra supplements to aid my digestion issues, and to help my liver handle all the toxins (I dont have a gallbladder), all this on top of a normal healthy diet and excercise. And for the first time in a long time, I am starting to see a difference.

Hi Bokkie,

Same for me. I couldn't understand me getting acne at an old age because I lead such a healthy life and eat so well. But my instentines seemed not to have the correct filter function and leeked lots of unprocessed food into my bloodstream, hence acne. I'm on Accutane because after trying to fix the problem over 1,5 years, it still hadn't been cured and I couldn't handle the aggravating acne anymore.

Eleonora30, good luck with the Accutane. Ive tried it for a very short time, but had a very bad dry eye condition due to it. Remember to keep those eyes moist with a teargel at night.

What I feel is helping me the best keeping my intestines clean is psyllium husk. Two teaspoons in a glass of water every morning, and lots of water during the day.

Counterexample: I can turn my acne on or off without doing any of those things. I can be acne-free and still eat at McDonald's. The first time I turned off my acne, the only thing I changed was taking 180mg zinc/day. No change in diet. No change in mental attitude. No change in stress.

So, whatever the validity of your folk idea (can't really call it a theory, because "toxin" is as undefined and therefore untestable as "fairy dust"), it absolutely, positively is completely incorrect in my particular case.

It isn't that simple. There are many other factors involved in acne. Hormones and inflammation being the primary factors. And the digestion problems several people have mentioned in this thread.

However, since you cleared your skin via diet and lifestyle changes, I've been meaning to ask you to write a summary in this list I'm trying to maintain:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Success-C...ea-t172158.html You can add a link to your 'How I cleared my acne' thread.

Edited by alternativista
But my instentines seemed not to have the correct filter function and leeked lots of unprocessed food into my bloodstream, hence acne. I'm on Accutane because after trying to fix the problem over 1,5 years, it still hadn't been cured and I couldn't handle the aggravating acne anymore.

You need to address your digestion problems. It's doing far worse things to you than causing acne. It leads to food intolerances and causes inflammation which is the root cause of most preventable degenerative diseases. You should review this thread for more info:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ACNE-DIET...LE-t101692.html

Also look into probiotics. There's one strain in particular that can help intestinal hyperpermeability:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Bifidobac...-c-t200362.html

No it's not because you have 'undersized' pores, or because of germs living on your face.

It is simply this:

When you put stuff in your body which does not support its growth, the body will expel it. If it is in large amounts the body will simply make you vomit the substance out (like alcohol). But if you consume these substances little by little the body isn't called to such a drastic expulsion, so the substances slowly build up in the body.

These toxins enter your body every day from a variety of sources: they are in your foods; water; air; and some are even produced by the body (stress hormones)

However, they still need to be removed. This is mainly the job of the liver and kidneys, to gather all of the toxins in the body and get rid of it through the excretory system.

But when you get to the point where the toxins in your body are too much for the liver to handle on it’s own, it has to resort to the body’s secondary cleansing tools, which include the body’s largest organ, the skin.

So when the body realizes that the liver and kidneys cannot expel all of the toxins on it’s own, it calls upon the skin to help out. When toxins are trying to escape through the skin on your face, thats when the trouble occurs and acne forms.

The same concept applies to teenagers going through puberty, the surge in the production of hormones causes a surplus that the body can’t use and which has to be flushed out of the body. Again, the liver cannot filter it all on its own and again waste must be passed through the skin which causes acne.

Using very simple methods I am pleased to say that I am clear of acne after 7 years of sever acne.

I have a quick overview of my regimen for getting clear here on acne.org the link to it is in my signature.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!

K

holy crap youre nuts. So... have you identified these toxins, or are you pulling this crackpot pseudoscience out of your arse?

All I can say is, "WOW!!!" :)

ACNE DIET, CLEANSING & LEAKY GUT SYNDROME RESOURCE GUIDE, Tests, Diets, Recipes, Shopping Lists, Regimens, etc:

SweetJade1980

You should spend more time on the nutrition board. If you click on the good things link in my signature, there will be lists of factors that cause acne with links to discussions, many of which feature Sweetjade's research. And if you click on the first link in that thread, something about Tangled web.... there's nothing but links including a list of great posts by Sweetjade. I made those because there's so much I just can't remember it all.

Eleonora30, good luck with the Accutane. Ive tried it for a very short time, but had a very bad dry eye condition due to it. Remember to keep those eyes moist with a teargel at night.

What I feel is helping me the best keeping my intestines clean is psyllium husk. Two teaspoons in a glass of water every morning, and lots of water during the day.

Thanks for the tip Bokkie!

What worked well for me was algae. But every time I quit them, even though I avoid eating certain foods, my skin gets back to the way it was. Besides that, the ones I was taking were very expensive...

And thanks for the comment on the eyes. I do put drops in them often, but after reading this I'll be more strict in it.

Thanks

But my instentines seemed not to have the correct filter function and leeked lots of unprocessed food into my bloodstream, hence acne. I'm on Accutane because after trying to fix the problem over 1,5 years, it still hadn't been cured and I couldn't handle the aggravating acne anymore.

You need to address your digestion problems. It's doing far worse things to you than causing acne. It leads to food intolerances and causes inflammation which is the root cause of most preventable degenerative diseases. You should review this thread for more info:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ACNE-DIET...LE-t101692.html

Also look into probiotics. There's one strain in particular that can help intestinal hyperpermeability:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Bifidobac...-c-t200362.html

Hi alternativista,

I am under constant care of a doctor who is addressing these issues. Also am I taking probiotics every day. I indeed have serious health issues related to this problem so have been working on it together with my doc for 1,5 years now. We are making progress, but it goes very slowly and I couldn't handle the acne anymore mentally which made me decide to use Accutane on top of all this.

Thanks for the tips however!

Just because this worked for you doesn't mean it's going to work for everybody. It's a bit like saying that you smoked 60 cigarettes a day since the age of 12 and are now 90 with perfectly functioning lungs. Some things work for some people and some don't. I am pleased this worked for you, but saying that "basically to get rid of acne you only need to do 3 things" is a bit patronising for those of us who are still suffering with acne after trying every kind of "treatment" or "regime" known to man. Don't take this the wrong way as I truly am pleased that it works for you, and if I was free of acne I'd be equally as delighted.

I agree with a lot you say, but I think there is more to it than that. Edgar Cayce, the famous American psychic said that acne was the cause of poor eliminations, but he also stated that in some individuals spinal problems could actually be the cause of these poor eliminations. The spinal nerves radiate throughout our body and tell our organs how to act. If there is a problem in the spine, this could cause the elimination organs to become uncoordinated. Cayce sometimes recommended people to get spinal adjustments done, and some chiropractors have reported that patients' acne has gone away after getting certain areas of their spines adjusted. But, this is a case by case thing, not everyone might have spinal problems.

Then there is the hormonal issue, some people can be the healthiest eaters and have done a ton of liver flushes and detoxes, however they will still get acne because of a hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalances can be caused by a variety of things, thyroid gland malfunction, cysts in the woman's ovaries, cysts in the uterus or cervix, reproductive organ cancer, in men working out too much (like bodybuilding) increases testosterone levels too much. Women taking the birth control pill can also cause hormonal imbalance.