Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zitzaster

What should I try after Accutain, Duac, Benzaclin, and nearly all OTC topicals have failed?

So tonight I realized I truly need help with my acne. I joined acne.org five minutes ago, and if anyone has any suggestions to offer me, I would be most grateful.

I am a 20 year-old engineering undergraduate. (Thus, I'm under a ton of stress.) I have had acne since I was 10 years old in the fifth grade, and everything I have had tried to heal my acne has failed. I was on Accutain for 7 months, and after a year and a half, my acne came back worse than before. Proactiv Solution has failed countless times (I've purchased over 8 kits), and no oral prescriptions or prescription topicals like Duac, Benzaclin, etc. have ever worked. I've tried many Neutrogena products as well - and they've all failed.

I've tried going natural. For the past two weeks, I have washed my face with and taken a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (ACV) every day, twice a day. At first, the ACV was helping, but for some reason, I woke up this morning with huge bumps under my jaw bone that tonight are dark purple and the size of large mosquito bites.

I don't know what to do anymore. As of July, my acne was only on my forehead, near my sideburns, on the lower parts of my cheeks, under my jaw bone, on my shoulders, on my back, and on my upper arms. After the ACV, I now have acne on my nose, my upper cheeks, my chest, and worse acne all around.

If anyone has any suggestions at all, I would appreciate them immensely.

Thank you...

Take another course of Accutane if you can manage it. Straight from my derm's mouth, he told me if this round didn't clear me up, the second (or in rare case, third) round almost certainly would. In layman's terms, he told me that the way accutane effectively ends acne from affecting people sometimes takes longer in some people, and more dosage, to do what it needs to do.

i am still on my first course of accutane but if accutane worked your first time and kept you clear for a year and a half i would say try that again. your chances of it clearing you up permanently is apparently a lot higher during your second regimen so hopefully that one does it for you.

PS i'm in engineering too, i'm actually out co-oping right now which is a HELL of a lot better than classes :lol: . the classes are tough but keep it up it does get easier as you go and just look forward to graduating and being able to forget 95% of what you learned because you'll never use it again :D