Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I get small but very painful pimples on my forehead, and if I even touch them a little bit they THROB. They feel better after my cold showers but then start to hurt again. My face hurts when I wiggle my eyebrows, lol. Is there anything I can do to take the pain/swelling down or do I just have to wait it out? Would an Advil help at all?

Thanks

Ibuprofin or Aleve really will help a lot. I prefer Aleve, but either should do the trick. I usually suggest ice for painful pimples, but I know if i try and ice my forehead it always gives me a headache!!

One other thing that might help is to get some neosporin cream + pain relief (make sure to get the cream and NOT the gel!). It has an antibiotic than can help with healing and also a pain killer that can dull the pain a bit.

hey,be careful wid d anti-inflammatories.in case u're allergic2 any.coz i broke out in rashes al ovr body wen i tk ibuprofen 4 d 1st time nd now strictly avoid it....

At the worst point of my acne It hurt to even smile.

And then people at the church I was forced to go to said "smile!"

ofcourse at the time I thought things in my head like "What the fuck do I have to smile about!"

_

About what can help: I'm looking at your treatment and can see that that's probably not going to take away your acne. Go to a dermatologist please before you have scars and memories that stay with you for the rest of your life.

At the worst point of my acne It hurt to even smile.

And then people at the church I was forced to go to said "smile!"

ofcourse at the time I thought things in my head like "What the fuck do I have to smile about!"

_

About what can help: I'm looking at your treatment and can see that that's probably not going to take away your acne. Go to a dermatologist please before you have scars and memories that stay with you for the rest of your life.

I'm trying to get to a derm, but because of financial and insurance reasons it probably won't happen for at least a few months. I'm doing the best I can with what I have. :(