Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kasmel

Skip Initial Breakout on Yaz?

I recently started Yaz, for both Acne and birth control. It seems common for Yaz's initial breakout to occur around the switch between the first and second pack. I'm curious as to whether the initial breakout could be avoided - or maybe postponed - to a later date by skipping to the next pack without taking the placebo pills. Could the initial breakout actually be a withdrawal from the hormones?

My period (and when I think the initial breakout will happen) is scheduled for my 21st birthday, unfortunately, and I really do not want to have a horrible break out or be on my period for that week. Is it all right to skip your period on your first bcp pack?

I recently started Yaz, for both Acne and birth control. It seems common for Yaz's initial breakout to occur around the switch between the first and second pack. I'm curious as to whether the initial breakout could be avoided - or maybe postponed - to a later date by skipping to the next pack without taking the placebo pills. Could the initial breakout actually be a withdrawal from the hormones?

My period (and when I think the initial breakout will happen) is scheduled for my 21st birthday, unfortunately, and I really do not want to have a horrible break out or be on my period for that week. Is it all right to skip your period on your first bcp pack?

It's probably OK but just ask your doctor. There are bc pills like Seasonale where you only get your period 4 times per year or so it's not going to hurt you to skip. It's kind of an interesting theory you have.