Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boyo

How long does it take for side effects to wear off

Hi guys, well I've been off accutane for 2 weeks, no acne at all :dance: , still red marks and scarring though. Most of my side effects have cleared off, but my hair still feels REALLY REALLY dry and still falls out if i run my fingers through my hair.

So how long does it take for the accutane to "exit" the body, and how much longer do i have to wait for my hair loss to stop/get less dry?

EDIT: it was a 5 and a half month course if that helps :)

depends on if you developed TE or Alopecia (AA) from accutane. As for the dryness of the scalp depends, if it didn't dry up your sebum glands in the scalp/hair then have you tried something for dandruff?

maybe you should read the hairloss thread.

what difference would it be if it was TE or AA? and yes i think the actual oil glands on the scalp may have stopped producing oil so its so dry and fragile...when will oil start being produced :(

I'm due to finish my almost 7 month lot of accutane and have suffered from some hair loss and sore scalp problems too so would be interested to know how you get on post tane! I've been using some shampoo I was prescribed by my derm though which has helped...but my scalp does still resemble a snow storm imediately after washing!! Maybe consult your derm to see what shampoo's the can prescribe?

All the best xx

what difference would it be if it was TE or AA? and yes i think the actual oil glands on the scalp may have stopped producing oil so its so dry and fragile...when will oil start being produced :(

Telogen effluvium will recover in 6-12 months and AA is Alopecia Areata and is autoimmune.

check out lamarr1996 and max- posts. You can also check out this thread on hairloss. When will the oil start being produced it depends if they were permanently shut down or not. Remember Roche state accutane will continue to work up to 2 months.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/answers-d...&start=2500