Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jlaurel

2nd course of accutane as an adult

Did anyone have two courses of accutane in their adulthood out there?

I was told that since I already had a first course during my adulthood and relasped, a second course now would likely also lead to relapse, unlike if I had had the first course as a teen.

I've had 3 courses as an adult. I've relapsed everytime, but found the rebound acne to be less severe. I'm now on a low dose (5-10mg) once per week to keep oil at bay. This program has worked best for me. I now only experiece the occational hormonal outbreak. I've added 20% TCA peels to my program and I'm getting compliments on my skin.

I've had 3 courses as an adult. I've relapsed everytime, but found the rebound acne to be less severe. I'm now on a low dose (5-10mg) once per week to keep oil at bay. This program has worked best for me. I now only experiece the occational hormonal outbreak. I've added 20% TCA peels to my program and I'm getting compliments on my skin.

It's good to see that you are getting compliments now! How long did you stay clear before you relapsed ?

Is there no issue in taking accutane is sort of a semi continuous way as you do now if I understnd well?

For me, the relapses occured quite quickly, within 8 months. The continuous use of low dose accutane is a common practice these days. However, I know nothing of studies showing adverse affects of long term use. I'm a miserable person when my skin is bad, so I'm willing to suffer any long term affects. I've been suffering acne for 25 years and will try just about anything to keep the acne at bay.