Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lilbre80

TCA peel didn't peel! Plz help!

Ok, I got a TCA Peel done by a dermotologist last friday morning. This morning I woke up and I still have no peeling. This is my third peel done in the last year. I went in there today and asked them why it hasn't been peeling and they were all clueless and scared because they figured I was going to chew their asses out, but I didnt. Then I called another dermotology place and talk to some lady. She said that lots of peels dont even peel and that it treats the epidermis layer. Now why would they call it a peel if its intended purpose wasn't to peel.

See, I paid a lot of money for this and she told me that their is no refunds right off the bat, like she expected me to say that. I wasn't even going to mention that unless it was a couple more days down the road.

So, do you think she is right about not everyone peeling at all or should you always peel? If you dont peel then would you say that was their problem and I should either get my money back or get another for free? I feel like the esthetician was bullshitting me!

Thanks!

The same thing happened to me this week when I did an at home peel that I purchased. It was my first one, at 12.5%. It's been over a week and my skin never peeled. It just feels softer, I guess. I e-mailed the company I purchased it from and they said that my skin type may need a stronger peel to notice visible peeling and that I should do a 2 layer peel next time. I'm pretty bummed, since I took this whole week off, so I don't know when i'll be able to try again. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Y'all need to calm down a little bit...some peels take at least 2-3 days to react to your skin...I had Fraxel Restore (non-ablative it might be..but still it's a laser)...took at least 2 days before I start seeing signs of flaking.

I've done TCA at home...from 12.5 up to 100%. Sometime it flaked..sometimes it crusted..sometimes it didn't do anything but my skin turned red. In anycase, if you're experiencing improvements...skin smoother, etc why you still want to expect some peeling?

Focus on the end results...

lower tca may not peel your skin like in layers if you have thick oily skin like I do. i tried 12.5 and it didn't really peel in layers, At 25% tca was the magic bullet for me