Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thanh

Proactiv's Toner

Is this safe to use? I have three full bottles of benzoyl peroxide I currently use from proactiv since I ran out of dans bp.

Found two bottles of toner and it says that it hydrates the skin and removes excess oils so it sonde pretty good if you'd ask me.

Then again... I heard people didn't really like toners because it breaks them out.

Anyone ever uses this and haven't had problem?

I'm having success with Proactiv's BP so I'm kind of afraid to put in a toner, though my skin is dry and it should help.

if your worried about it, you could try it for a few days on just a small area of skin none is likely to notice, but i find toners excessively drying, there are several natural substances that can be used as toners though.

Personally I wouldn't start using a toner, especially if you're on the regimen. It may actually dry out your skin more, but like sammy said, trying it for a few days might be a good idea.

Thanks a lot brandyy. Read the whole thing, I will not be using anything else from proactiv besides their benzoyl peroxide, though the smell nauseates me terribly.

I was using their cleanser twice a week but then my skin got so sensitive and itchy evertime I used it. It said cleanse for 1-2 minutes so I did. Terrible brand if you'd ask me.

I was wondering about the toner as well. I have almost a full bottle of it and the reason I am curious is the main ingredient (besides water of course) GLYCOLIC ACID. I must question some of the other ingredients like witch hazel. But glycolic acid is indeed an AHA and I would like to know if this could possibly be somethng to try in addition to the regimen for the AHA purpose. I need the AHA from what I read as I need the exfoliation aspect of it.

Sauer, If you don't have AHA at home then I glguess you should give it a spot test.

The reason why I asked about because of the glycolic and other ingredients in it as well.

People say toners are bad though, I just started my regimen all over so I don't want to risk adding in an extra variable while already having dry skin.

If you do decide to spot tes it or use it, let me know how it works so I can also give it a try.