Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkling

Accutane is *clearly* making fun of me.

Hey y'all =)

So while yesterday my skin was at a major low point, today I woke up with MUCH less red, irritated and bumpy skin. It's honestly much smoother and feels much less active. Normally I have a mirror next to a window which shines the worst light possible on my acne and skin, and today it was magically smoother.

It's bittersweet because I can't keep feeling like I want to get off the drug one day and consider it a miracle drug the next!

I'm scheduling an appointment with my derm ASAP. But why does it do this?

Darkling

Hey y'all =)

So while yesterday my skin was at a major low point, today I woke up with MUCH less red, irritated and bumpy skin. It's honestly much smoother and feels much less active. Normally I have a mirror next to a window which shines the worst light possible on my acne and skin, and today it was magically smoother.

It's bittersweet because I can't keep feeling like I want to get off the drug one day and consider it a miracle drug the next!

I'm scheduling an appointment with my derm ASAP. But why does it do this?

Darkling

I have no idea why it does this, but I think that's why accutane is commonly referred to as a "rollercoaster." Could it also be your birth control? I just recently felt terrible about my skin on my active pills and as soon as I took my first inactive pill my face calmed down and looked fantastic.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you saw some positive results! :)

I have no idea why it does this, but I think that's why accutane is commonly referred to as a "rollercoaster." Could it also be your birth control? I just recently felt terrible about my skin on my active pills and as soon as I took my first inactive pill my face calmed down and looked fantastic.

Hey nikkia! Thanks for all your supportive replies you've been giving me =)

It certainly is a roller coaster! But I'm a guy and I don't take birth control =) I guess it must be something else? Perhaps something in my diet? I should keep track...

Hey nikkia! Thanks for all your supportive replies you've been giving me =)

It certainly is a roller coaster! But I'm a guy and I don't take birth control =) I guess it must be something else? Perhaps something in my diet? I should keep track...

Lol, all those girly pop star icons should have tipped me off. I guess I can stop imagining you as Britney Spears now. :lol: