Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey,

I've been on Dan's Regimen for over a week now and it is definitely helping. Everything would be perfect if it didn't cause my skin to become extremely flaky. I do use a moisturiser that contains Jojoba-Oil and vitamin E (I'm in Germany, so I can't get Dan's products) but my skin still becomes flakier and flakier the longer I'm on the Regimen.

Today is my first day back at school so this morning I didn't use any BP, just the moisturiser because I woke up with a face full of flakes. People will probably ask me if I was out in the sun too much!

Is there anything I can do so I can still use the BP just without the flakiness?

Thanks!

Hey,

I've been on Dan's Regimen for over a week now and it is definitely helping. Everything would be perfect if it didn't cause my skin to become extremely flaky. I do use a moisturiser that contains Jojoba-Oil and vitamin E (I'm in Germany, so I can't get Dan's products) but my skin still becomes flakier and flakier the longer I'm on the Regimen.

Today is my first day back at school so this morning I didn't use any BP, just the moisturiser because I woke up with a face full of flakes. People will probably ask me if I was out in the sun too much!

Is there anything I can do so I can still use the BP just without the flakiness?

Thanks!

How many drops of jojoba oil are you using?

I doubt he said he had any jojoba oil.

He only has a moisurizer that contains it so the drops may vary.

What you can do if reapply the moisurizer every two hours or so, just make sure your being very gentle. What I do is blot a little before reapplying.

It should reduce your flakes. If your currently on full dosage, stay at it, the flakes should go away soon, if you just began or is not at full dosage, don't increase your dosage for about a week or until the flakes subside.

Gud Luck.

I doubt he said he had any jojoba oil.

He only has a moisurizer that contains it so the drops may vary.

What you can do if reapply the moisurizer every two hours or so, just make sure your being very gentle. What I do is blot a little before reapplying.

It should reduce your flakes. If your currently on full dosage, stay at it, the flakes should go away soon, if you just began or is not at full dosage, don't increase your dosage for about a week or until the flakes subside.

Gud Luck.

Yes, I misread that. The moisturizer they are using already includes jojoba oil.

Gud Luck.

So flakiness will go away on its own eventually? (I am kind of in the same situation- I switched from Neutrogena on the spot to Dans BP, and while my skin looks fine as far as no breakouts it is a bit flakier.)

Yes, as your skin adjusts to the BP, the flakiness will subside.

It sucks to have to go through, but all of us on The Regimen have gone through it. Just keep reminding yourselves that it's only temporary, and stick with it. : )