Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My derm recently told me to use a SA wash and then apply BP at night. I know it can be irritating, but my face is not sensitive at all. Im thinking the SA will exfoliate and BP will kill bacteria and unclog pores, so it seems like a good idea. What do u guys think?

i got to say bad idea start with one let your face get used to it, then try introducing the other treatment, maybe something like SA wash everyday BP once every other night. You want to be gentle even if you dont think it will make a difference,

In the past I have used SA wash and then applied BP with no problem. If this is the advice of your derm, you should probably follow it. Is he giving you prescription or over the counter products to use? Good luck.

thanks for the posts. He said he wanted me to be more "aggressive" than only using BP. I use BP wash in the morning and then use a sodium sulfacetamide cream. At night i use a SA wash and then use a thin layer of dans BP. So i use one prescription (sulfur cream) and the rest OTC. Ive been doing this for a few days and my face is less dry than when i did the regimen, im not even using a moisturizer right now...which i know i should :wall:

I usually use a topical SA during the day and BP at night. There have been some nights where I've used both at the same time and it does it make it anymore dry or irritated. But I've been using Dan's BP for over 2 years now so maybe my face has just been accustomed to it?

I usually wash with SA wash in the morning and then apply 2% or 2.5% BP afterwards.

Then at night I use panoxyl 10% bar soap and th 2% BP afterwards. That works for me.

But, even if you do not have sensitive skin, it will cause irritation at first. I don't have sensitive skin but starting this at first caused some dry skin.