Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone felt this way? I used to not give a fuck about my acne, eat whatever I want, touch my face like people do sometimes, just be me in general.

Now I suddenly (well, more like gradually) won't let anything touch my face and am very aware of what I eat (which can be a good thing, but for me it's more akin to OCD). I have developed an intense fear and loathing of acne and I feel like I'm not worth shit when my skin looks bad.

you should get back to being like you were before. at least the not caring part. caring too much is no good...but it's very difficult to not care, i know.

The tricky part of the equation is that for the most part, I had way worse acne back then than I do now. I was on BP, adapalene and oral antibiotics pretty much all the time. Now I use nothing and still look better than I did back then. One thing about my acne that makes me think about it is that it's a little different. Other people may have clear skin overall, with some huge red spots like volcanoes almost, while I have these silly little bumps and constantly oily/blotchy skin with only the occasional pustule - but major irritation all the time (I feel every little spot). Makes me feel more of an alien than a human being with a disease, if that makes sense ;)

I've read some of your posts and this seems to have been a tough struggle for you aswell.

One thing that makes me feel better is the thought of how strong I will be when this shit is over.

i only feel better now because the pimples just stopped coming a week or so ago and my hyperpigmentation is fading with tazorac. i couldn't even begin to feel okay about my acne, and i hope i never ever have to try. it's a nightmare for me. i'm glad it's making you stronger...i could learn from people like you! :)