Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_19

OMG these blackheads on my face looks like hell

Is it just me or is Accutane is making my blackheads more visible? I have blackheads in places I;ve never even had blackheads before - WHY? It's grossing me out. :( Can someone please tell me when/how long it takes for these blackheads to go away because I feel like crap :( THANKSSS !!!

Is it just me or is Accutane is making my blackheads more visible? I have blackheads in places I;ve never even had blackheads before - WHY? It's grossing me out. :( Can someone please tell me when/how long it takes for these blackheads to go away because I feel like crap :( THANKSSS !!!

Yes, Accutane does "push" all the blackheads out. It did to me when I was about 3 wks into the treatment. The pores on my nose and chin just got bigger and the blackheads became more noticeable day by day. Yes, it made me look like crap and my foundation wasn't enough to cover those black dots all over my face and of course the horrible IB. But after a few weeks, they just "dropped" out of the pores. Sometime i was able to remove them with a tweezer. Into the 2nd-3rd month of my treatment, my pores were pretty much clear of blackheads. Be patient with the process. This is how you know the med is working. Good luck to you!

it took a while for my blackheads to come out but now about 1.5 months in i am blackhead free just about. for me they just slowly worked themselves out and since my skin doesn't produce nearly as much oil they haven't come back. i did try and push some out with my hands and one of those little black head tools (the ones with the little loops on the end) and it worked pretty well. i also used a salicylic acid moisturizer that is supposed to help with black heads which i think helped too as opposed to just a regular moisturizer.

don't worry, they should all wor themselves out soon enough :D

Hey mine looked awful too, I'd say don't panic and give it time to take some action! I know its easy for me to say now as I've nearly finiashed my course... but after a few weeks I noticed that I was getting blackheads on my forehead, between my eyebrows and my nose was covered. I'd say try and leave them alone, as annoying as they look, if you try and squeeze them you could end up damaging your skin and its much more delicate during accutane as I found out by picking and then having to live with manky scabs for a few days!! I found that after a month or so, my blackheads just seemed to fall out. It was weird but realy quite satisfying as those buggers had annoyed me or years all and all of a sudden..gone! I just used a gentle facial cleanser in the morning...nothing too abrasive.

Keep at it and hopefully all will be better soon enough! :)

I have the same thing. I'm on my 20th day and my lowes looks ridiculious. I tried pushing some out this morning and now I've got some damaged skin to show for it and just as many blackheads. Everybody I've heard from says they drop out sooner or later(personally I hope it's sooner).

Thanks for the reply guys!

I'm a month in accutane and my blackheads looks so gross i'm self concious ppl think i dont wash my face lol

I understand that accutane is pushing the gunk out but how looooong is this process going to take? Someone said 1.5 months it;ll started to look up from there soo should i expect next month the blackheads should be dropping off? lol i know everyone is differnt but i guess i just wanna know the average time the blackheads will start dissapearing

Edited by cupcake_19

Thanks for the reply guys!

I'm a month in accutane and my blackheads looks so gross i'm self concious ppl think i dont wash my face lol

I understand that accutane is pushing the gunk out but how looooong is this process going to take? Someone said 1.5 months it;ll started to look up from there soo should i expect next month the blackheads should be dropping off? lol i know everyone is differnt but i guess i just wanna know the average time the blackheads will start dissapearing

maybe about a week or two from when i really noticed them being pushed out to when the worst of it was gone. i would gently try to push them out by hand and i used a blackhead remover too, i was just careful to be very gentle and not get over zealous with it so i didn't cause any nasty redness or scarring or anything.