Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deenem

Pores and flaky skin?

Ive been on Retin A for three weeks now. I still get pimples and cysts and my chin is dry and flaky. I also noticed my pores are very very noticeable and large. What should i use for this ? should i exfoliate for the dry skin and pores?

Ive been on Retin A for three weeks now. I still get pimples and cysts and my chin is dry and flaky. I also noticed my pores are very very noticeable and large. What should i use for this ? should i exfoliate for the dry skin and pores?

You can use an AHA exfoliant, and a moisturizer, to help with flaky and dry skin... it's also recommended around here to add jojoba oil to your moisturizer, or just use the jojoba as your moisturizer....

It's normal for your acne to get worse before it gets better when you use a retinoid... things should start looking better after a couple of months or so...

Thank you Comfy Cat for replying. My skin is very sensitive , Im not sure if I can hold onto this any longer. School just started for me and I feel so depressed now, I dont want anyone to look at my face. My pimples look like cuts and have puss, its just a very gruesome look. My skin is scaly, discolored and oily at the same time. Its a damn mess. I m so frustrated, Im about to call quits and dump everything in the garbage and dont know where to go from there. Do I add anything with the jojoba oil?

Thank you Comfy Cat for replying. My skin is very sensitive , Im not sure if I can hold onto this any longer. School just started for me and I feel so depressed now, I dont want anyone to look at my face. My pimples look like cuts and have puss, its just a very gruesome look. My skin is scaly, discolored and oily at the same time. Its a damn mess. I m so frustrated, Im about to call quits and dump everything in the garbage and dont know where to go from there. Do I add anything with the jojoba oil?

Retin-a made my pores really large and noticeable as well. Never really improved after continued use. I'm not sure if its permanent at this point, as I am still on it though. My skin is also pretty scaly oily and discolored.