Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ugly Teen

My acne scars

Well it was just over the summer, i got a face(just on the cheeks, not everywhere..) of red scars.. and some parts of the face that has scars, it just like got sank deeper into my face. Making my face look like i have a hole... so i was wondering is it possible to cure this? or do i have to stay like that forever? And also i have brown spots too.. tell me about those please.

to tell you the truth, sunken scars are heard to get rid of. i have a few scars myself too on the cheek. both cheeks. i have box scars and scars on the surface. they're not deep. on left cheek, i have a rolling scar which I treated with vinegar. the vinegar treatment works, however, it only works to the point of making your scar invisible in the proper lighting. however, when you're in a really bad lighting, it makes it even bigger.

so i think right now, instead of worrying about acne scars, i want to cure my acne first. try the cold water therapy if you have acne still. this will diminish the spots and the pain. pure cold shower.

try it. it's free. you won't lose anyhting.

It's not that deep, about 1 cm unbalance from my regular face. And my doctor told me i have 50 and 50 percent chances of getting better... and he told me to use some lotion. Any recommandation?

There's a difference between hyperpigmentation and scarring.

Hyperpigmentation (red marks) aren't actually scars, and they will fade with time, although they may take months or even years to fade completely. There are some threads on this board about different methods you can use to help speed up the fading process, but time is the only thing that will fade them completely.

Actual scarring is generally permanent. There are treatments out there that can significantly improve the look of scarring, though, and there are threads about those treatments on the Scar Treatments board.

Well, i compare the hypertiable scars to my scars and they look TOTALLY different, and my scars are just the one that just left a red mark on it. So i wonder is there any good low price product to speed it up?

Look around this board. There are lots of methods that people use to help fade hyperpigmentation. ACV, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, AHA... Just start reading threads until you find something that you want to try. ; )