Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, my name is Rob and i am a 21 year old male living in wausau area of Wisconsin and have been suffering from acne for about 8 or 9 years. I guess i started this account in hopes of finding me, finding a cure, and well getting clear. I'm currently very self concious. Everyday life is tough for me with this mess on my face. I guess the number one reason is because i need people like me to talk to. The truth is, out there people can say they know what you're going through and yeah it will clear up. Yet these people i deal with on a day to day basis dont realize it isn't as easy as they think it may be.

Yes everyone in some way has flaws but to me acne is a very rough flaw to have. You need to be able to make a standing impression with people and i cant achieve this because my acne. I need to be able to look people in the face but i cant because well im scared. I get paranoid thinking what people think about it. Im a very outgoing person and i know how to have a good time but im letting the acne hold me back. The sad this is a know it but cant help it. I know this sounds like a bunch of ranting and well it is so continue to read if you wish, i just need to get it off my chest. Acne makes everyday tough, and sometimes it gets to the point where i'd like to just not wake up for another day or this pain. Friends and the hope of someday getting rid of it so i can start my life is what's keeping me going.

Work is another huge issue for me because it's a place i got to be everyday just so i can enjoy serenity at home. Home is the only place im at peace....most of the time. It's hard going to work especially when im as paranoid as i am about people. It doesnt help that im there so much and always so stressed, that doesnt help my acne. Sometimes a wish i had a job where i didnt have to work or deal with anybody.

I'm done ranting, and i thank you all for your time.

To kick off this topic i'd lke to know your methods of dealing with the everyday stress of having acne.

Welcome to Acne.org, o doughnut o. : )

I've moved this thread to the Emotional And Psychological Effects of Acne board. It's a great place to vent about things and get feedback on how to deal with the stress that comes with having acne.

Hello there and welcome to the org!

Please don't ever apologize for venting and/or ranting here. This is a place where there are people to listen. As for dealing with my acne on a daily basis, I have learned over the years to not care. This does not mean I take on an apathetic attitude towards my life, but the only way you lose your self-esteem and self-worth is not through acne, but by letting acne take that away from you.

It's tough to realize that, but after you do, you see that you are the same person you were before acne. It didn't make you change, and after that, I personally became a much happier person.