Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yaqz

Omega 3 Fatty Acid

I noticed that Dan said he takes about 6 fish oil pills a day. The omega 3 fish oil pills I take say to only take one a day. Is it okay to exceed this dosage, or is Dan's pills just a lower amount than mine?

Well that's a very good question to bring up.

I have used many brands of omega 3 fish oil before, some 1000mg others around 1200.

Randomly some say take once a day, while others are fine with 3.

If I were you, the safe side would be not exceeding 6 pills a day. Just don't try any of thoese mixed 3-6-9 omega craps. Our body is low on 3's, not much of 6 and 9's.

Also make sure to take some zinc :) 15-50mg.

hmm..alrite I'll keep that in mind next time I re-up on my omega pills...thanks =)

How much do other people currently take? My omega 3 tablets are 100mg and it says one a day, but i don't know whether to take more.

I take about 3-4 1000mg tablets a day.

Sometimes with zinc and vitamin C.

It's helping a lot, just don't try to take too much or it can be bad for you.

How much do other people currently take? My omega 3 tablets are 100mg and it says one a day, but i don't know whether to take more.

I recommend checking out the Nutrition/Holistic board. There are a lot of members there with Fish Oil experience.

But the important things is really the amount of EPA and DHA in the pills, not just the milligrams of fatty acids.

I started off taking 2 pills /day (Ocean's 3 Brand) for a total of 1275 mg of Omega-3s; 450 mg DHA and 675 mg of EPA.

I now take 6/day for a total of 3,825 mg of Omega-3s; 1350mg of EHA and 2025 mg of EPA.

It's expensive, but I take it for more reasons than acne, and I find it helps.