Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefree24

Lemon Juice For Redmarks

Hi everyone im new here to the org nice to meet you all...Okay so basically what has kept me clear is washing with water than applying dans bp....But of course i got all those redmarks left over from previous acne so ive heard lemon really helps to fade these marks... My question for you guys is should i apply the lemon to my face before or after i apply the bp..I would apreciate everyones insight...

Well I heard that with ACV (same deal with lemon juice) you should apply it right before BP.

are you sure??? maybe i should do a trial and error thing like try it before the bp see how it feels than another where i do it after

have u tried the ice therapy. put an ice on the red pigmented skin. i've been taking cold showers and the red marks are fading.

put ice on the red marks. you will se results. or you can try the cold shower for the entire body.

i just want to help. try it. gl.

Hi all, I wouldnt mind knowing some stuff about the lemon treatement.

Ive read alot of reviews about it, and gonna try it as soon as. :) But there are a few questions I have concerning them....

1: How long do you leave it on for? Ive read leave it on 15-30 mins/overnight?

2: How much of the lemon juice do you use? All the juice from half of it? or just enough to soak the cottton ball?

3: How long does it take to notice some changes?

4: Is it a gud idea to use this as well as Retin-A, which I havent got yet, but soon will.

5: Do you use it on non-red parts of your skin? or only on the red parts?

6: If you wash it off after 15-30 mins, can you use a mostiouriser?

thx.

Edit: Im also using that ice treatment as well, it is defo a wake up call in the morning. :)

Guyz (I use it as a generic term), please don't try more than 1 new thing at a time coz how are you going to find out which one does what? Would be waist of time and money to say the least, and if not, causes your skin to react in ways you don't like and then trying to work that one out as well!

Lemon juice is a strong acid and works as a degreaser and has anti bacterial properties, therefor can dry your skin out especially if put on areas that are ok, so I wouldn't use it anywhere it's not needed, and do use a moisturizer after washed off please.

I don't know if it speeds up healing any red patches, so you have to try yourself for that one (I use 0.5 or 1% hydrocortisone cream or a scar cream).

Because everybody reacts according to their own skin condition anyway, it's best to do trials with a little (at least a week if no adverse reactions are occuring of course) and not leave it on overnight straight away so you can actively see what's going on with your skin and wash it off if neg things are happening (disturbing visions of waking up with red raw faces are popping up).

If your skin is sensitive anyway, don't leave it on at all, just wash it off.

About the before or after any other product?

You can always try half your face one way, and the other half the other way!

Again, depending on your skin, if it is sensitive for example (like mine) try over first, or try under only on one little patch, same patch every day, to see if it is alright for your skin, for again at least a week, before enlarging the area.

Good luck guyz, and be smart: our skin is unbalanced anyway, so don't add to the problems by doing too much the same time and using harsh products only, our skin needs to be calmed and given time to heal itself again and not overload it with a lot of products on top of each other, please!

Take care.

i burnt my face with ACV, it has to be diluted t 1 part vinegat 8 parts water..

lemon juice was fine for me, didnt REALLY get rid of scars but it made my skin really really white (gosh)

i think that just with regular exfoliating and no more popping they will go away, your skin is ALWAYS renewing itself..

Lol lemon juice.

Why not just talk to your dermatologist about getting retina. It has sped up the disappearing of my scar redness alot.

Hey guyz well i was putting on the lemon juice after the bp i was doing this for about a week it i know it wasnt enough time to see any results but i didnt like the fact that it was making my skin dry so i just dropped it... To answer your question i have thought about retin A but i dont have medical insurance so im not sure how id be able to get it... So for now i guess time is my best friend when it comes to fading these redmarks

Lemon juice has worked wonders for my post acne marks. I had completely faded some of mine. My darker ones are taking awhile to fade, but with vitamin 3 gel it's been helping.

You should put the BP on after the lemon juice. If you put it on after you put on BP, you're just going to dissolve the BP and render it useless.

Just want to say that I tried Lemon juice on two spots on my face (to check if i would get a reaction) and I broke out on those 2 spots the next day.

So, Lemon juice isn't for everyone. Just make sure you try a bit before applying it all over your face.