Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0hdanny

On perscription medication... But should I still exfoliate/mask/etc?

I'm on perscription: pHisoHex (cleanser morning night), following up with Clindoxyl Gel (night, but I use it in the morning if I'm not planning to go out) and then anti-biotics (gen-minocycline) once a night. Since I'm on perscribed medication, I don't want to "interfere it" by using other products to exfoliate/egg mask/etc.

So my question is should I still exfoliate/use the mask? And before I bought these medication, all $100, I spent a good $200 on cleansers, masks, exfoliaters... I bought multiples because they were on sale and they're the best I've ever used. But the thing is, the pHisoHex I bought is a huge bottle that will probably last me more than half a year, bu I don't want to waste my $200 worth of products either. (I can't return it because I bought it months ago) So is it okay for me to use these while I'm on perscribed acne medication?

I'm on perscription: pHisoHex (cleanser morning night), following up with Clindoxyl Gel (night, but I use it in the morning if I'm not planning to go out) and then anti-biotics (gen-minocycline) once a night. Since I'm on perscribed medication, I don't want to "interfere it" by using other products to exfoliate/egg mask/etc.

So my question is should I still exfoliate/use the mask? And before I bought these medication, all $100, I spent a good $200 on cleansers, masks, exfoliaters... I bought multiples because they were on sale and they're the best I've ever used. But the thing is, the pHisoHex I bought is a huge bottle that will probably last me more than half a year, bu I don't want to waste my $200 worth of products either. (I can't return it because I bought it months ago) So is it okay for me to use these while I'm on perscribed acne medication?

You can still use your other products... you might not want to use them as often to prevent dryness or irritation, though... (i.e. the mask once per week, and the exfoliant every other day, or even less often if it's drying you out.... you can ease into using it more often as your skin gets used to your new regimen...) I'm not sure that the mask is necessary, but it's a good idea to include an exfoliant in your regimen.