Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Yoshi

An idea I thought of that might help acne clear up.

Okay, so you know how stress can cause acne? Well, I'm thinking that if you just stop thinking about your acne completely then maybe your skin could clear up. I am going to try this out for myself. For the next couple weeks, I will just do my best to not think about acne. Whenever I get depressed about my face, I'll just think "at least I don't have cancer". Cause I knew a girl with cancer and felt bad for her. And then I'll just play video games or ride my bike or something to get it off my mind. So, this also means I'll be leaving this site for a couple weeks. Which is good because I'll been feeling so bad about my acne lately that the only thing I'd be doing here is complaining anyway. Well, let's hope I have some success...

I always thought that coming to this site made me feel worse and tried leaving for a bit sometimes. I have great friends here though so that was impossible. :geek:

Have you heard of The Secret? That's sorta what I tried out.

but your still gonna be thinking about not thinking about acne which will stress you. It wont work......many have tried and failed

Cause I knew a girl with cancer and felt bad for her.

That is very nice of you. Also, 'I Am Snow' had the same idea and it worked for him. Check out his thread.

if your always thinking about your skin and stress about it all the time

it's sure won't help so iam also trying to just get over it

just focus on other things, do the things you really like to do that give you that good feeling

iam also really into The Secret and that really made things easier for me

now most of the time i feel like i don't even got it anymore

U can try it. But just so u know, when i first started getting acne in middle school it didnt bother me at all. I had lots of small pimples all over my chin, forehead, and top of my cheeks, but i never gave it a thought. But for me it only ever got worse until i finally looked in a mirror and decided that something had to be done. Now with the regimen i am fretting more than ever before about my skin but i gotta say, it looks pretty damn good.

I know I'm not supposed to be here...but I'm bored. I haven't been thinking about acne the last couple days, and I will try my best to continue doing so even though it's difficult.

It just doesn't work for me no matter how hard i try to forget it, because everytime you see it in the mirror your reminded. Hard to avoid the mirrors in my home too because i always want to see if i am progressing and when you see that your not sometimes it just brings you back down and you think about it all over again so its a repeating cycle that you can not avoid IMO.