Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jhonnydac

Update on my cold water therapy.

oh yeah. another big pro for cold shower is the redness is gone.

no more facial redness. some parts of my body are red. but they are gone after a few minutes.

nice. i forgot about the redness. haha

i think you might be onto something here, i tried going into the cold shower but the water in my shower gets to nearly freezing point on the coldest setting.

would it be a good idea to put the shower warm wash my face then make it colder to close the pores after ive washed? or just straight into the cold and wash my face like that?

thanks

Gilmour actually warm water closes the pores where cold water opens them. I know it's weird but look for Dan's video on it, it's interesting stuff.

I've been doing cold water showers for about 2 weeks and just like everything else it really doesn't do anything except:

I do feel better starting my day off:

Face is a little less oily, and not as dry..

But as far as pimples go...I've been getting less huge ones but been getting more pimples that are like cysts but arent! Basically like i get a pustule under the skin that makes it look like a mosquito bite on my chin etc. And they last alot longer then when i would get big pimples but over all less oily skin is better

^ if thats the case why do they have those steamers at those facial clinics that blast your face with hot air before they remove all the gunk? I'm confused!!!!

Ok so I wanted to give a little update since I started washing my face with only cold water. It's been a little under a week and I can honestly say my forehead has improved 100%. I still take hot showers, but after I get out I wash my face with my cleanser and cold water. I'm almost convinced my forehead bumps and acne was caused by the hot water I always used on it. It would get irritated and bumpy and form deep pimples. But since I've been washing with cold water, it's been so much better as far as texture with less bumps and pimples. Let me know if you have any questions!

gosh. i know i started this thread, but you know sometimes i just want to give up on taking cold showers. i took a hot shower yesterday. i got pimples on my neck, front and back.

it's getting cold here in san diego. summer is over, and the coldest is really cold.

my face is still clear. but my neck has a few small bumps. i've been drinking coffee lately with mint. they say coffee doesn't cost acne. only if you have too much.

anyways, i won't take hot showers again. i tried yesterday and it broke me out. i felt depressed too. cold days are here now, and taking a cold shower is not the best choice. but i will have to suck it up for the sake of my skin.

also i've been curious about cooking oil lately. they say vegetable oil causes acne. my mom uses it everyday. she cooks oily food.

but i know the cold shower helps a lot. it's just too cold in the winter days. but i guess we have to suck it up.

--------------------

btw, i turn to the coldest part of the shower. all the time. you can shower twice a day if you want. it's cold. it won't take away your oils from the skin glands. so you won't overproduce sebum.

but once a day is fine. no more hot showers even if it's winter.

After doing this for a handful of days, I now noticed my inflammation going down. If I still live here in the mountains in time for winter, I am so jumping into the snow with only a bathing suit or something. I am loving the cold showers.

It has been one week. The only water to touch my body/face has been cold. I'm still breaking out, but I do feel better and there is less irritation/redness. I'm going to add some tea tree oil to my aloe verra.

it's now summer again. since i quit taking cold showers, I broke out. i have gained some scars now. but since it's summer again, i am going back to cold showers again. i'm probably gonna continue taking cold showers for the rest of my life.

i haven't been back here for almost a year now. i still have acne but that's because i've taking regular hot showers lately.

i think hot shower really does cause acne.

maybe we need to take cooler showers instead of hot or warm.

I'm researching this now!

It makes sense. Cold water increases circulation throughout the body, reduces blood pressure, helps flushing for the organs providing new fresh blood, contracts muscles to eliminate toxins, and more. And Mr. Crab was right - it has been shown to IMPROVE your immunity because there was an increase of virus fighting white blood cells compared to people who took hot showers. Harder/stronger nails and hair growth have also been noted because of something to do with cuticles..Also not to mention feeling bad ass for taking cold showers :cool:

*Disclaimer: Also upon researching, I found people with certain complications shouldn't take cold showers. ie heart disease, fever/overheating, and high blood pressure. Also women should not take cold showers while menstruating because they need more rest and gentility..

Links to the info if anyone is interested in reading the articles -

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/food-heal...wer-health.html (not very descriptive, but you get the general idea)

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/showers.html

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18/the-j...h-and-vitality/

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...01181418AAlRqND

I'm gonna man up and do this! From what I've gathered, it's really good for you, and I'm convinced. Personally I think standing the cold for a little bit (which doesn't sound all that bad - your body temperature raises when in the cold making you feel warmer anyways) is nothing compared to all the benefits demonstrated above. I'll try this tomorrow afternoon when I shower next :D

I could give it a try (taking before&after pics)... I'm not really promising anything, I have anxiety and all, but we'll see how it goes.

Edited by Ḻyssa

I'm definitely going to give this a try! I've noticed improvements from only washing my face with cold water, but I still take hot showers. I'll try cold showers and tell you guys how it goes. Good luck to you all as well! :)

I could give it a try (taking before&after pics)... I'm not really promising anything, I have anxiety and all, but we'll see how it goes.

just do a close up so we cant see your face but only the acne then? or if you can use photoshop and blur your face or something.. we all got acne on here nothing to be worried or have anxiety about :)

im not going to try this because its winter and ill freeze lol but i do think this could work for redness and inflammation. i do this to reduce redness, if i wet my face with warm/hot water my face turns into a tomato for few minutes haha

No I'm fine with posting my face just i dunno.

On second thought I don't think it'd be a good idea because I'm starting ACV masks and I don't want to take pics and have it be solely because of the ACV and not the showers =/

all of this just from cold water ? shiiett thats too easy im goin to give this try ill post my resuts in a week

I've been doing this for less than a week now and my skin feels ridiculously great. No more redness! That was probably my biggest problem. Cold water also feels reaaaallly good after a work out too.

I'm most definitely going to continue with this, thanks for the great idea!

can someone take a before and after shot and post the pics to see the difference?

i tried this few days and its way to cold to even try it lol winter in australia so i wont be doing this yet.