Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jhonnydac

Update on my cold water therapy.

I dont get how ppl can do cold water showers i literally shiver and cant stand it when its cold..

i start with a normal hot shower then when im done washing etc. i slowly turn it to freezing does this count ?

I don't think so. I know it's hard getting into it, but it's worth it in the long run with the many benefits.

I dont get how ppl can do cold water showers i literally shiver and cant stand it when its cold..

i start with a normal hot shower then when im done washing etc. i slowly turn it to freezing does this count ?

Same here. I don't feel clean unless it's hot water. Plus hot water just feels relaxing on the muscles.

5:40AM NZ Time;

Bout to start cold water therapy, NOT excited. Cold enough inside my room with heater going, nevermind in a shower under cold water. But, will man up at do it.. *Slowly walks to shower sobbing*

EDIT:

OMG WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!! AHHH!! So so so cold. Brrrr!!!! Meant to be ice cold or just not warm?

If you want a real rush try taking a 500mg dose of niacin and hop in the shower halfway through the flushing effect. I did it last night and it was an interesting experience. My body kind of felt like I was going into hypothermia lol.

Stephen, this is a thread on cold water therapy, not Niacin flush, and putting yourself into a state of simulated hypothermia.. Smart eh?

Wait yea how cold are we talking about????

I mean if i just turn on the shower it's freezing am i meant to do like not warm but not freezing? more like cold but not freezing?

Stephen, this is a thread on cold water therapy, not Niacin flush, and putting yourself into a state of simulated hypothermia.. Smart eh?

And that's why I was discussing taking a cold shower as part of the cold water therapy. I mentioned the niacin flush because a lot of people here on the board have been trying niacin supplementation. And no I didn't actually put myself into a state of simulated hypothermia, it was an exaggeration to point out that it simply made the cold shower more intense.

definitely it's working!!!!! my face is 90% clear. my chest has small ones right now. my back is doing fine, but my back is the hardest part to get rid off the pimples from.

my face and chest acne are 90% gone. big improvemnts. i feel so confident now. mostly after i take the cold shower.

i'll try to post pics.

my back though is taking the longest to respond. but it's getting there.

i'm happy.

i haven't read this thread for long. the cold temp might differ. i live in san diego where it's sunny almost all the time so turning to the coldest is fine. it definitely does not give me hypothermia or so far, it's been like a month now or more )i don't keep track), and i'm used to it. and i haven't got sick.

no lung problems, nothing. i just feel really good about my face and overall...this is a great therapy!!! i want to post pics, but i'm embarrassed. people i know might see them.

but i guess i'll have to just to prove it that it's working for me.

How cold does the water have to be?

and johnny just disguise yourself in your pictures with paint. Black out your eyes or something.

you can see my almost acne-free face now thanks to cold water.

food intake though: (I will not eat beef or pork for a long time because I've noticed it's causing some of my acne. Only chicken. No soda. Some coffee---small cup)

And shower in cold water. No soap, nothing. I don't stink. Deodorant is enough. And just so you guys know, cold shower takes oil and dirt and smell away as good as the hot water.

only con here is that it's cold. other than that, it's a good energy booster and depression eliminator!!! hahaha...

keep doing it everyday. you'll see a big difference. a difference is enough...not necessarily the cure!!!

I'm going to add this to what I am doing. I am going to do only cold water for one month. If nothing else it is a great mental exercise. I will report back.

Hey guys, I haven't posted in awhile, but I just wanted to let you know I have started to wash my face with cold water now. What I was doing was washing with relatively hot water and "Purpose gentle cleansing wash" face wash. From reading another post someone said that hot water actually irritates your face and closes the pores. I don't really have acne, but I would get these very deep red marks that would get pretty large and last awhile on my forehead only, and would eventually come to a head with a lot of pus. And also these milia looking bumps on the very top of my forehead near the hairline. Since washing with cold water and the face wash, I've noticed the bumps subsided, and my forehead is looking better than it was before. I still take a shower with hot water,but no longer wash my face with hot water and face wash in the shower. I will take a shower, then wash my face separately with colder sink water and the face wash. I think the biggest contributing factor my my forehead being like that was the hot water I was washing it with, and the fact that it was irritating my skin. Thoughts? 26/M btw.

Try to exercise before you shower. This makes your body warm and the cold shower actually feels really good. I have noticed cold showers help my acne but I'm not sure if they are the definitive factor, probably because I don't stick with it long enough. Now that I think about it my acne is best during the times I take cold showers. I'm going to do this every time now and will report back.

wow I must try this! I usually just go from a hot shower and at the end make it freezing, but now Ill try cold showers :D Pleaseeeee post pictures ! I really want to see your results, it will motivate me and others so much more :) just blur your eyes and hair or something :)

&&vhow cold is the water? warm, or just plain freezing?

Now I can't stand even moderately warm showers. I love the cold.

For those asking about temperatures, my recommendation is as cold as you are comfortable with. I am not the OP though.

right. turn it to the coldest for as long as you can endure.if you can't and it's too cold, turn it to the cooler.

i hope that you eliminate acne. me...i'm hella happy. my chest is clearing up. only little bits and no big bumps. i think i can prevent big bumps now.

happy again. try it. it's free.

Cold showers also help with depression.

and erections :shhh:

Interesting thread. I've been doing cold showers when I wash my hair, didn't know this could help :think:

Cold showers also help with depression.

and erections :shhh:

Interesting thread. I've been doing cold showers when I wash my hair, didn't know this could help :think:

You would know this, huh? :surprised:

My hair does seem to be a lot stronger after taking cold showers. Less hair loss for me!

ok. i've been noticing this after i take cold showers.

1) my muscles get bigger (when and after I take the cold shower)

2) less hair loss (this is so true)

3) smoother hair( feels like you used a shampoo or something, but i never use that stuff)

4) my red marks are fading. They're not red. They're like gray ( which means that skin is healing)

5) less peeling of the skin

6) oiliness gone

7) energy booster

8) depression eliminator (for me at least)

Con:

1) cold (but i'm used to it)

2) around my mustache feels dry right after the shower.

3) not good after 8 pm because you won't be able to sleep ( at least for me)

Yeah. Those are the pos. and neg. of cold shower.

Maybe it's different for you. Post your results.