Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jhonnydac

Update on my cold water therapy.

Hi guys. Just wanted to share something I strongly believe in. I know you probably think I'm stupid, nuts, or I don't make sense. But there are many of us out there. And we have the same condition that keeps us from having a very good outlook on life. I mean who has a social life because of acne? Some of us maybe. But most of us are stuck in the bathroom trying to get rid of this depressing disease.

But I thought maybe it's the stupid bathroom that's making us have acne. I mean we use all these products that promise us results but never work, and yet we still buy them after another. I tried topicals for my acne, the natural, oil-free, soap-free, smell-free. But my acne got worse. First I had a pimple on the face, became obsessed with it, and then it spread like crazy.

Maybe it's this obsession we have with acne that's causing it to get worse. Maybe. But after topicals, zinc supplement and even antibiotics, I've quit.

I quit taking medication for acne. I quit putting topicals on my acne. I just quit.

But I discovered the cold shower therapy. You know we love our shower, mostly hot water because it feels great mostly when it's cold. But guess what, I've been doing this everyday for weeks now, and my acne is going away. No topicals, no antibiotics, no nothing!!!!

Eat, sleep, some of us work, and then shower in cold water. Pure cold water. It got rid of my big bumps, oily face, and my scars on my cheek are getting better. They feel so shallow. And the red marks ar fading. I'm not exagerating here.

So if you can try the cold shower therapy, you would see great results. If you live in a cold country (Ireland or Finland), just give it a try.

You won't lose any money anyways. It's free, and you see results right after you get out of the bathroom.

TY for reading this post. Just try it. So far my chest, back, and definetly face are getting big improvements.

Hot showers make my acne way worse. I have been just taking lite showers with mildly warm water, not letting it hit my acne affected areas too much, but I'll give cold showers a try /shiver

Thanks for the post

guys, just an update. my scal acne has gone completely. my forhead pustules have gone also. my chest has little small like pores, but not hurtful acne. they feel rough but it;s because of the cold water. it dries the pimple because it makes it pop which means the pimple is about to disappear.

guys let me tell you. i strongly believe in this therapy. it makes me feel great. i actually go outside now. before, taking out the trash makes me shy, now i just do it.

my facial acne is almost gone. my chest only small red erruptions..really small. and they don't hurt. before i used to get big bumps, now they're like really small.

my itch also is gone. the hot water always dried my skin. so i said maybe too dry skin makes my skin release more oil which mean more pimples. the cold water does not make my face oily.

i wish i had done this before.

plus i notice the cold water makes me very happy when i'm in the shower. it makes me feel great. i don't know why.

maybe because it's free, it wakes you up and it's helping my acne-prone skin. ok...

guys try it. you won't get sick anyways. tell me ok!!!! we're all in this together!!!! kick those pimples away!!!

Hmm... since I live in one of the mentioned countries I guess I should try this. Cold water gives your hair a nice shine, or so I have heard.

I was doing this for a while at the beginning of summer. I loved it, but then I got the flu and couldn't take the cold showers and then I just kind of didn't start again after I was better. I think I will restart. I felt so refreshed whenever I did it :)

So, what if you wear make up? How do you get it off if you just let the cold water run over your skin and not use cleanser Sounds good though. elf

Actually it should help the immune system if anything.

Hey Jhonny, I was wondering how bad your acne was before starting this regimen, how long you have been doing it and if you had any pictures or either before or after? Thanks.

Cold showers also help with depression.

Yes, they seem to be beneficial with tons of things. I don't think there is anything bad about it unless you aren't able to dry yourself and be inside with a warmer temperature.

I just took a very cold shower for about 10 minutes after a bike ride. It was quite an experience! I do feel good after it, my face feels.. calm. We'll see how it goes and if I will start to do it regularly. What I find awesome is that there wasn't as much hair falling out as usual, it wasn't as dry, and it isn't curling as usual. I like this.

Hmmm... you say that your acne started out as just one pimple and you obsessed over it. By obsessing I'm assuming you started to use different acne treatments on that spot and then it spread. So now you just take cold showers and your acne is clearing up. So now your pretty much doing nothing and your acne is clearing up. One thing that might have been possible is that your acne may have never been bad at all, maybe its all the treatments you've been using to clear up your acne that have spread it due to irritation. This is just a thought because if you have every tried the acne.org regimen you will see positive results. Not to say that a cold shower isnt bad. I love taking cold showers after a run or swimming and you do feel refreshed.

I started cold water showers about a month ago. I definitely does clear up the skin over time, and it also makes you feel much more refreshed. It's great. :D

Wouldn't it be easier to just start off with warm water to open up your pores so your cleanser can clean everything and then rinse with cold water before you get out to close your pores, thus preventing anything from getting inside of them and potentially causing acne?

Cold water actually opens ur pores up. Hot water closes them becuase hot water cause imflamation around pore and as a result of this it close the pore.

I dont get how ppl can do cold water showers i literally shiver and cant stand it when its cold..

i start with a normal hot shower then when im done washing etc. i slowly turn it to freezing does this count ?