Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~ Dee

News for ppl thinking of purchasing blue/red leds...

Hydroponic growers are using blue/red leds now for growing all kinds of plants. Many of these lights are on sale in the familiar red/blue arrangement within the same nanometer specs we are interested in, many websites list those nanometers (nm's).

I was wondering how I got my new handheld size bulbs so cheap... I could've saved myself some money had I known this before I bought my acnelamp a few years ago.

So, you know you are supposed to sit about six inches away from these things, & that 15 minutes is an optimal amount of time per day.

You know the wavelengths of light you're looking for are...

Blue light peak at 415 nm and red light 660 nm. Seems it's easiest to purchase blue in the 450 nm range.

Your only other issue is size, so you'll have to consider the amount of leds on the panel... For example 38 leds in a circle measure just 1& 1/2 inch across.

From lightwave cs website.

http://www.intelligentacnetreatment.com/category-s/33.htm

What is Blue Light?

Blue light acne treatment was featured at the last Sci\ART Global Chromotherapy workshop.

As discussed on the Overview page, blue light is powerful electromagnetic energy as part of the visible electromagnetic spectrum with wavelengths ranging from 400nm-495nm. You may have noticed that those wavelengths encompass violet and indigo as well, but most people viewing a color in that wavelength range would call it all “blue.� In fact, the studies done with light in those wavelengths call it all "blue," or, "low-level blue."

hey

I'm looking at the website with the lowest priced bulbs. i'd get the one with both red and blue lights. since i'll probably devise a similar handheld contraption, i was wondering if you have to move it around a lot to get your whole face? bc that's what i'll need.

Yeah their on amazon for just around 40$US. Then again you can spend 30 more $ and get the proper nm and spot-treat both sides of your face. Not including the 14-20$ needed for bulb holders, so I guess around 100$ total.

From amazon $40-50$..

60 Blue light LEDs: 465nm

165 Red light LEDs: 650nm

165 + 60 = Total 225 LEDs

Edited by ₫₦å

I did the Ominilux light treatments and I did blue one day then I had to wait 2 to 3 days before doing the red. The doctor told me if you did both together they would cancel each other out or something to that effect. I was wondering how these lightboxs with both red and blue bulbs worked if you did them both at the same time.

i heard the best is when u use both blue then red lights together. i got a BabyQ power pack and it did wonders for my skin :D never been happier. Planning to get one for my sister, and those of u in the UK, there is a bid on the powerpack now, so keep an eye on it !! I googled baby quasar and found this forum! nice to meet yall

i heard the best is when u use both blue then red lights together. i got a BabyQ power pack and it did wonders for my skin :D never been happier. Planning to get one for my sister, and those of u in the UK, there is a bid on the powerpack now, so keep an eye on it !! I googled baby quasar and found this forum! nice to meet yall

You guys should really look at Lamarr1986's threads regarding Phototherapy. Especially his "OK Guys thread". Even the famous member "Bulgarian R. Dermatologist" that's into regenerative cells says to look at his posts.

Readers digest: though I urge you to read his posts, is that:

Scarring

Light doses of 4J/cm2

Healing - Red (Dermarolling scars, boxcar, rolling, ice picks)

Yellow - Collagen Growth

Infra-Red

(you can find the wavelengths)

Speaks about Blue Light seperately to do the job of acne itself. BRD also talks about this in his posts.

I myself have read over 9 hours yesterday of BRD's and Lamarr's posts because they have the best results I have seen from members and backed by NASA studies and FDA. None of the members are complaining it makes their face worse or it doesn't work. Except until some forget that it takes a few weeks to see results and it must be repeated BUT NOT INDEFINITELY.

Currently, I'm going to use the Blue 415nm to clear my acne before I can work on any scarring. He has before and after pictures and a few members are also noting how nothing else worked over their lifetime and this process does. I urge you to keep reading their posts and others reviews until you become a believer.

My two cents

BTW - I'm looking for the most economical way to create my own led board. Once I figure it out I'll post it in the forums.

Edited by Progression

You guys should really look at Lamarr1986's threads regarding Phototherapy. Especially his "OK Guys thread". Even the famous member "Bulgarian R. Dermatologist" that's into regenerative cells says to look at his posts.

Readers digest: though I urge you to read his posts, is that:

Scarring

Light doses of 4J/cm2

Healing - Red (Dermarolling scars, boxcar, rolling, ice picks)

Yellow - Collagen Growth

Infra-Red

(you can find the wavelengths)

Speaks about Blue Light seperately to do the job of acne itself. BRD also talks about this in his posts.

I myself have read over 9 hours yesterday of BRD's and Lamarr's posts because they have the best results I have seen from members and backed by NASA studies and FDA. None of the members are complaining it makes their face worse or it doesn't work. Except until some forget that it takes a few weeks to see results and it must be repeated BUT NOT INDEFINITELY.

Currently, I'm going to use the Blue 415nm to clear my acne before I can work on any scarring. He has before and after pictures and a few members are also noting how nothing else worked over their lifetime and this process does. I urge you to keep reading their posts and others reviews until you become a believer.

My two cents

BTW - I'm looking for the most economical way to create my own led board. Once I figure it out I'll post it in the forums.

link please :)

i think light might be the key for me

@colourblind, that baby Q looks interesting has red and blue together.

do you have more info or pictures? im really excited about light therapy and beleive it will work

Edited by want2beme