Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm in my 30's. I always had clear skin as a teen-ager and when I moved to a different climate, my skin started breaking out for the last few years. It's been really bad the last two years. I'd have hormonal breakouts and they would barely start to clear up and I'd get another breakout. I was about to go to the dermatologist or maybe try chemical peels or light therapy when I started using some new things together that really worked for me. It's not 100%, but there have been times I've left the house without makeup and overall am really pleased with my results. I start with the Olay Total Effect cleanser with 2% salicylic acid. I usually try to leave it on my skin for a few minutes. For example, I'll put it on brush and floss my teeth and then rinse it off. Then I use Alpha Hydrox brand Enhanced Lotion 10% glycolic AHA Anti-Wrinkle product. (I didn't get it at a drug store but at a big name store that sells only beauty products and can be found in strip malls around the country.) I put it on all over my face in the evenings. Then I put Safeway's 10% benzoyl peroxide acne treatment cream in the areas with current breakouts or where I break out most consistently once or twice daily. Once a week I use Freeman's facial enzyme pineapple mask with glycolic and lactic acid. I think the 10% glycolic AHA lotion makes the biggest difference because if I don't use it one night- I see a difference in a day or two. I probably spent less than $25 on this all together and I've been doing this for a little over a month. It even worked for my hormonal breakouts pretty well. Maybe this won't work for you, but give it a shot. It made such a big difference for me. I feel a lot more confident.