Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deesra

Is This Real?!

Hi,

I've been reviewing a portion of what this site has to offer, and it seems pretty legit. I am also strongly considering the purchase of the acne.org products for treatment. However, my skepticism is this: Before I go drop 35 dollars plus on these things does anyone know of 100% accurate pictures ( No Photoshop ) of Dan with bad acne. Here in America corporations have very happily deceiving techiniques of marketing, and I want to make sure this isn't another pull at my hard labor to turn a profit. I just want to make sure I'm not paying for a CEO of acne.org to go on a vacation with his family, while I pay for a product that doesn't help me get my money's worth; Dan being the spokesman. :confused: Please understand I mean for this post to show no offense, and I am very impressed with what I've seen from this website so far.

Hi,

I've been reviewing a portion of what this site has to offer, and it seems pretty legit. I am also strongly considering the purchase of the acne.org products for treatment. However, my skepticism is this: Before I go drop 35 dollars plus on these things does anyone know of 100% accurate pictures ( No Photoshop ) of Dan with bad acne. Here in America corporations have very happily deceiving techiniques of marketing, and I want to make sure this isn't another pull at my hard labor to turn a profit. I just want to make sure I'm not paying for a CEO of acne.org to go on a vacation with his family, while I pay for a product that doesn't help me get my money's worth; Dan being the spokesman. :confused: Please understand I mean for this post to show no offense, and I am very impressed with what I've seen from this website so far.

meh, roughly as many as you and your step-father get into within 5 seconds, daily.

Well he is sort of a 2 pump chump so I guess you didn't get that far.

Oh and I trolled you hard so I believe it is you who got owned kind sir.

Buying it or not, it's your decision to make.

Though I am sure it will benefit you somewhat. I've had acne for about 4 years the regimen actually got rid of all my forehead acne and the left side of my face. I stopped for 2 months be because it was so drying and started to get breakouts soon after.

I found out that my forehead and left side of my face was the only real areas that got used to he benzoyl peroxide. This is why using a small amount until it's not so drying and gradually increase it to full amount is so important in the regimen.

I realized that and just started the regimen all over and had no breakouts on my forehead. Thouh the left side a little but barely since it was used to BP awhile ago.

From a person who gone through the regimen for over 8 months, I recommend it though there will be some problems down the road that you'll face such as redness, dryness, and finding the right cleanser/moisturizer.

Good luck in deciding :)

Yeah, I've had acne since 6th grade, and I'm 20 now about to start college so I'm hoping this is a miracle. I've been using BP from the Mary Kay line, which is 10% for about 2-3 years off and on so I'm wondering how my skin would react to Dan's.

You should go for Dan's Regimen Products, atleast the 2.5% BP. The BP is gentle on the skin as compared to other forms of BP you get in the market. The cleanser and moisturizer can be bought from your local store. (Check out the recommended products list)

I've been on the regimen for the past 2 months and I'm really satisfied with the results.

Best of luck!! :D

Hi

Although I dont have pics of Dan's acne, I can promise you that this product DID work for me, and many others on this site. And I'm sure Dan did not take the time to make a million fake accounts and pictures to pretend his product works. The thing that made me trust Dan is that he doesnt say the regimen HAS TO USE his products, plus he provides customer ratings for all products. You can check out my success story at this link

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Acne-Pube...82#entry2696282

trust me...this stuff is not a scam

As far as I can tell it is legit, and I don't care about pics of Dan. He's a guy with clear skin, and there are enough photos of other people. If its money making scam its not a very good one since it encourages buying products from other sources. I bought all my stuff from the drug store, cost a little less than $30. I've been doing the regimen for 5 days now and have seen results, so I have faith in the system. It's the crazy huge amount of BP that makes it work, I think. Plus the other steps to ease the side effects of so much BP. It really is a great site for information about skincare from real people with real experiences, too.

As for buying Dan's products, like I said I bought mine from the drug store but when it comes time to replenish I will buy from him to support the site, because this is working for me. I really really doubt he is getting rich off this, you can't make loads of money selling just a couple products especially at his low prices.

I do have some photos of my proggress in my album as well, but like I said its only been a few days. I have seen some clearing, enough to encourage me to keep going.

I just started, so I don't have much to add on the efficacy of the products BUT I like how Dan's program can be done with products you can buy anywhere.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY HIS STUFF. I did, though!

I just started, so I don't have much to add on the efficacy of the products BUT I like how Dan's program can be done with products you can buy anywhere.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY HIS STUFF. I did, though!

Yep it's true, you don't have to buy his products, but I recommend it.

I've tried Neutrogena On-the-Spot, Proactiv BP, Epiduo, Dans BP.

The best one I found that works best and is the cheapest would be dans benzoyl peroxide.

Epiduo costed me over $100 for a 45g tube and neutrogena comes in too small of a size anddoes not properly fit the amount you need to use for this regimen.

Proactiv works well but the smell isn't liked if your a guy like me.

$35 for a 16oz bottle of bp, that's one heck of a deal. :)

btw, even if you've used 10% BP before, you should still start off with a half pump.

Work your way up within period of weeks.

Im 15 and had bad chin acne. In 2 days it will be my 5 month anniversary on the regimen. All my friends and family say im clear.

I didn't use his products though, I used the reccomended products (I used purpose cleanser, 2.5BP neutrogena on the spot, and eucerin original moisturizing lotion)

Using his products is probably better anyway so i would say go for it. This site isnt a lie at least in my oppinion.

i really dont like the moisturizer or the cleanser when i bought the dan's kit. but i highly recommend the 2.5% BP though. You can always substitute the cleanser and moisturizer. Just be sure to buy the 16 oz BP because that the main key to the regimen. You have to use a lot. I mean A LOT of BP for this regimen to work. So far I'm a month into the regimen is finally to really start clearing up with hardly any new breakout. The only bad thing i dont like is the drying the BP does to my skins and the time to apply. Overall its worth it.

Yeah, I've had acne since 6th grade, and I'm 20 now about to start college so I'm hoping this is a miracle. I've been using BP from the Mary Kay line, which is 10% for about 2-3 years off and on so I'm wondering how my skin would react to Dan's.

There are no pictures of Dan with bad acne, as far as I know he just doesn't have any. Probably destroyed them, just like you or I would have. lol.

Acne.org isn't some giant corporation though, it's really just Dan. And maybe a few of his peeps, as far as I know. BUT, they have one hell of a good thing going for them - their products are amazing.

But that's the whole thing about The Regimen - you don't NEED Dan's products for it to work. You can easily use other over the counter products in their place (although I will say that NOTHING compares to Dan's 2.5% BP - it's so much nicer than everything else that's out there, as far as ease of application and such). So try the Regimen with over-the-counter stuff too, and if you're happy, go ahead and buy the products. You won't be disappointed.

If you're really skeptical still, but you want to try the products, start off with just Dan's BP. That's the really important stuff - his cleanser and moisturizer are great, but you can find products of similar quality at drugstores. You can't really say the same about his BP.

Oh, and I also meant to add - you mention using BP "off and on" for a time - make sure that you are constantly using the treatment. "off and on" doesn't get you anything, you really need to commit if you want results. Otherwise your acne will just come back.

I've been lurking around this site off and on for about five years now, and I just want to point out that Dan's own products are a relatively new creation. He started this website just to share his success story about OTHER products, and he had such a great response that he took his own time to create his own products - and having been on the Regimen both with over-the-counter products and with Dan's own products, I can say Dan's are far superior.

That being said, it's not just the BP that makes the regimen work. It's stuff like being gentle on your face when you clean it, and taking fifteen minutes to let your face dry before applying it, etc. Those steps are just as important, and that is what Dan has discovered and shared.

Read through some personal regimen logs, especially those of longtime members. Lots of us - including myself - have found success! Goodl uck!

go to dan's profile page and click on gallery. there are two pictures of him with acne, one with VERY mild because he missed a night of the regimen or something and broke out and one with i'd say mild-moderate. i don't know if he ever had it as SEVERE as he has claimed, but the regimen worked for me(:

Just gotta say:

I've been using his techniques on cleansing and using BP, and this is really starting to work for me. I am not using his products at the moment, but just the theory on being gentle has seemed to help a ton! I touched and picked at my face a lot up until I started reviewing this website, and not doing so has made a complete turn around. Out of anything I've been told about acne, I would say this website is the most logically correct. I'll probably even have a nice clear face for college in January. w00T!!

I am 23 and clear for this first time since I was 11 thanks to dan's BP. I don't work for dan, don't know dan, and not getting paid for saying it works. Look how many posts are in this forum, it would be hard to hire that many people to lie and pretend a product works.

I just bought the 3 peice kit earlier today. I dont break out as much as I used to but I want to get rid of some of the acne before I do acne scar removal

I know your pain. I just dropped $42 on the larger bottle of treatment. However, the smaller one has lasted me for two months.

I don't think you HAVE to get his cleanser and moisturizer. I think the main thing you want to consider is just his treatment. It's the best I've found. It isn't clumpy and glides over skin easily.

I use a goat's milk soap for my cleanser and Complex 15 for my moisturizer. These have been the least irritating to my skin. Jojoba breaks me out - which is what's in Dan's moisturizer and I simply refuse to pay that much for his cleanser. Cetaphil made my skin red after applying BP and the cetaphil cleanser just left my skin feeling unclean. Point being, you can use the products you like most. You don't HAVE to go with Dan's. The stuff I use has been completely effective for me.

There are a couple of photos where Dan has maybe one or two zits..but nothing major. I don't go by what Dan says - I go by what the numerous numbers on the boards have said, and that's why I started two months ago.

I'm actually quite clear - with the exception of having a reaction to some vitamins, but once I stopped, my skin cleared back up.

I think it's important to tailor stuff for your needs.

For instance, I only use 1/2 pump morning and night. Two pumps is horribly drying and irritating to my skin. However, my acne is typically considered mild and occasionally moderate. You may get away with using less or have to use more for your results. I only used two full pumps for a couple of days before lowering it again, so I had success without ever truly following the regimen 100%.

I also have a habit of lathering my soap on my face a little longer. My goat's soap just feels soooo good on my skin! It hasn't harmed it at all and it's not a drying soap either.

I had to use Complex 15 because I realized that using cetaphil made my skin super red afterwards. My boyfriend actually asked me if I got sunburnt one day!

Also, note that I'm not always super gentle with my face and I NEVER EVER wait 10-15 minutes in between steps. I'm not spending an hour just to perform a facial regimen. At most, from beginning to end, I spend about 20 minutes. It has yet to have an adverse affect.

So, I say, give it a shot and tailor the regimen to your needs. A lot of people have had success with it.