Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
02Jonna

What effective antibiotics can be taken with accutane?

I'm about a week into my 3rd month on 40mg a day. I talked to my derm today over the phone and recommended i go on an antibiotic as well for the inflamation since i've gotten worse. Which ones in particular have worked for you guys? Is there any draw backs/ side effects from being on two medications at once, (like they come back way worse after i stop taking the antibiotics?)

Also, i have small red bumps on my arm that really itch- is this just dry skin... can i get a prescribed cream for this to go away or am i allergic to accutane?

:(

i've heard of people going on prednisone at the beginning of their courses, but that is a steroid and not an anti-biotic. I'm not sure what the side effects are though.

I'm about a week into my 3rd month on 40mg a day. I talked to my derm today over the phone and recommended i go on an antibiotic as well for the inflamation since i've gotten worse. Which ones in particular have worked for you guys? Is there any draw backs/ side effects from being on two medications at once, (like they come back way worse after i stop taking the antibiotics?)

Also, i have small red bumps on my arm that really itch- is this just dry skin... can i get a prescribed cream for this to go away or am i allergic to accutane?

:(

With accutane, I am on erythromycin....and Iprednisolone(1 wk. of iprednison)...a steroid...my acne was SUPPER INFLAMED when i started accutane for the first month, then i used these drugs, and ALL the inflamtion stopped...I started on 20 mg...(although my weight/medicine ratio says i should be @ 40)My doctor thought i was having an allergic reaction to it...but no, just really bad inflamaton.....I used to b on just Erythromycin..NO RESULTS....stopped to go on accutane...now i use Erythromycin w/ Accutane & it WORKS GREAT!!!!!!! Hope this helps :dance: