Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KrazyK

Regimen and Cystic Acne anyone?

I there anyone on here who has sever cystic acne and is on the Regimen? I'd like to see if anyone has like a photo gallery of their progress. I've been on it for 4 weeks almost and have pretty bad cystic acne. The derms want me to do the Acuutane but I really can't because of previous experience with meds that landed me in the ER. I see a lot of people that have just gone straight to Accutane and have done well but it really isn't an option for me.

Currently Im cutting out dairy and researching a low glycemic diet. And am on the Regimen.

i wish i could've tried this regimen before i even tried accutane..after 6 months from finishing my course my acne slowly came back which sucked cuz it was even worse, huge cysts all over :( i didn't wanna try it again since it's just gunna do the same probably. luckily i found out about this regimen 4 months ago n it worked :) it took alot of patience..sorry i had pics

but they're on my cell phone n lost it.....

I there anyone on here who has sever cystic acne and is on the Regimen? I'd like to see if anyone has like a photo gallery of their progress. I've been on it for 4 weeks almost and have pretty bad cystic acne. The derms want me to do the Acuutane but I really can't because of previous experience with meds that landed me in the ER. I see a lot of people that have just gone straight to Accutane and have done well but it really isn't an option for me.

Currently Im cutting out dairy and researching a low glycemic diet. And am on the Regimen.

Hey there,

Firstly, good idea not to go on Accutane, you need less toxic material in your system not more! If you are interested I have a quick overview of my regimen for getting clear (after 7 years of severe acne) here on Acne.org, the link to it is in my sig.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask =)

K

i take many vitamins and minerals but i think my biggest thing is sugar.

my face has cleared up but not completely. i've been trying to cut sugar (which is harder said than done, although cutting pop was easier than i thought) and last friday i slipped up and ate some cake and a couple other birthday party treats and woke up with a small cyst under my eye...also in case you didn't know before, carbs turn into sugars in your body...i recently found that out...

i'm now convinced i have an insulin sensativity (but even if i don't cutting sugar is always good) and hopefully by cutting out as much sugar as possible will really help...

just to put it out there...the vitamins/etc i'm taking are:

vitamin a

vitamin e

vitamin b complex (with vitamin c etc)

zinc

fish oil

chromium

DIM plus

milk thistle

probiotics

and i try to drink water with emergen-C (which has like 1000% vitamin c) atleast once a day

once my face gets cleared up i'm going to try to cut down on the vitamins...we'll see.

i've also been drinking pretty much nothing but water, generally bottled water (and after reading the above regiment i'll probably steer clear of tap water). and i switched from 10% benzoyl peroxide to 2.5% which i believe has helped.

i've only been taking all this for a few weeks and have noticed a vast imporvement thus far. seeing how when i started i had around 6 or so cysts and now i'm down to 2 (one of which isn't too big and other is big but shrinking)

hope that helps a little...

Doryx has cleared up my cystic acne completely. I am a little nervous to go off of it, but while on it I'm totally clear of those painful cysts. Have you tried any antibiotics, or Doryx specifically? It may be worth a shot to try.

Edited by pupcake

I have cystic/nodular acne :confused: . It's gotten progressively worse over the summer, and I decided to start using the Regimen on July 20th. I use Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash, Acnezine 5% BP, and CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion with 5 drops of Jojoba oil every night. I eat healthy, take supplements, drink lots of water, and clean my pillow case often. With all of this, for the first 2 weeks...nothing. I didn't really improve. In fact, around week 2-3 my skin kept breaking out andwas very red and peely. Everyone asked me if I had a bad sunburn... I decided to start using less BP and that eventually subsided. Now I am on week five, my skin is finally responding to the BP and I am healing. I just have to be very careful that I don't use too much BP, because when I'm irritated it makes things worse! I have noticed that as I'm healing, many of my pustules are coming to a head quickly and easily, but it's taking a little extra time for the real deep ones.

I hope that you find success using the Regimen, and you'll have to tell me how it goes!

Edited by EternallyHis

I have cystic/nodular acne :confused: . It's gotten progressively worse over the summer, and I decided to start using the Regimen on July 20th. I use Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash, Acnezine 5% BP, and CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion with 5 drops of Jojoba oil every night. I eat healthy, take supplements, drink lots of water, and clean my pillow case often. With all of this, for the first 2 weeks...nothing. I didn't really improve. In fact, around week 2-3 my skin kept breaking out andwas very red and peely. Everyone asked me if I had a bad sunburn... I decided to start using less BP and that eventually subsided. Now I am on week five, my skin is finally responding to the BP and I am healing. I just have to be very careful that I don't use too much BP, because when I'm irritated it makes things worse! I have noticed that as I'm healing, many of my pustules are coming to a head quickly and easily, but it's taking a little extra time for the real deep ones.

I hope that you find success using the Regimen, and you'll have to tell me how it goes!

Yeah, sort of the same thing is happening this week. Last week was the toughest week ever. My face just erupted. All the cysts that were hiding under my skin just came charging out and it was really hard because they were painful. I was really self conscious, too! But this week has been so different. The BP is just really hitting those suckers hard and they are slowly healing. I also added AHA at night and started icing my face for a bit right after the BP. This has made a really big difference. Finally, something feels like it is working! The cysts and nodules are still out there, but every day they get just a bit smaller.

Doryx has cleared up my cystic acne completely. I am a little nervous to go off of it, but while on it I'm totally clear of those painful cysts. Have you tried any antibiotics, or Doryx specifically? It may be worth a shot to try.

Yes, I have tried Doxycycline and Bactrim, but not Doryx. I'm tring the no dairy thing right now and am slowly eliminating all unhealthy foods that may irritate my skin. Also, the Regimen is working pretty well. I do realize that the acne is a result of what is happening internally, so I'm going to do my best to figure out what that is and it's good because I'm getting healthier in general. But, thank you for your suggestion. I will keep it in mind!

I know how you feel T_T. Cystic acne is really so darn painful and red and swollen and hot and oh so annoying! I tried putting topical solutions previously but none seem to have worked especially since the cyst is hidden deep deep deep under the skin. Well, that is until I met cortisone shots. Have you tried getting this Cortisone injection? It really works. One shot to the pimple, and in a few days, it's gone :D.

I have 5 huge cystic acne forming T_T. I'll go to the derma immediately today and tell you the results after a few days :D

Yes, I have tried Doxycycline and Bactrim, but not Doryx. I'm tring the no dairy thing right now and am slowly eliminating all unhealthy foods that may irritate my skin. Also, the Regimen is working pretty well. I do realize that the acne is a result of what is happening internally, so I'm going to do my best to figure out what that is and it's good because I'm getting healthier in general. But, thank you for your suggestion. I will keep it in mind!

My doctor told me that Doryx works differently than others and that I shouldn't use the generic. It's super expensive but they have savings cards, so it ends up only costing me $25. I also try to eat mostly raw food and not only has it helped my skin but I lost 5 lbs so far :D teehee. Hope whatever you decide to do works for you!

Edited by pupcake