Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
volcom3453

Accutane Dry nose etc

I've been on Accutane for 22 days now, and recently I've had like a lot of dried up boogers and stuff inside and it's annoying and kinda hurts. I'm wondering if I actually have more pimples inside my nostrils I can't see lol. Has anyone had a similar problem with a lot of dried up snot and stuff in the nose and it seem dry? What do you suggest?

Also, on a side note, do I have to fast before every blood test? I don't have my ipledge book with me on vacation atm and I have a test the day after I return. Would be nice to know.

Your skin is pretty dry inside your nose. You can use some saline spray to lubricate it or put some aquaphor inside for the same effect. My nose is dry but no nosebleeds so far.

You will need to fast before your bloodtest. Anytime you get your cholesterol checked you need to be fasting for a good 12 hourss. Otherwise, it will mess with the results. The person taking your blood should know this. Good luck with your first 30 day appt.!

Damn bro, I thought I was the only one with this problem. I would take a nosebleed everyday to substitute for the shit I'm going through right now. These dried up boogers are really annoying, and my nose feels so damn annoying I'm always paranoid walking around cause I think a booger is hanging. It's very painful and I haven't found anything really that helps. The only thing I noticed that helps is when you wake up in the morning....don't pick....take a crazy hot shower and when you get out take a nice blow lol.

I have the same thing almost every day. I put vaseline in at night and sometimes a little during the day to just keep it moist.

I'm in my third month and I still get nosebleeds. During my second month I would get about three nosebleeds a day and then one the next, etc. I think my record was five in one day. Of course, that leaves a lot of blood dried up in there, so I feel your pain. My derma prescribed me saline spray for the nose, but it doesn't do much for me personally. Most people have dry noses while on Accutane, and it is not uncommon for nosebleeds. You can either stick Vaseline up your nose or try out a saline spray.

As for the blood test, yes, you are supposed to fast. 12 hours minimum or else the results will be skewed and your derma might lower your dose if she thinks your levels are high just fasting.

I'll have to shove vasoline up my nose I guess, haha. Hopefully I can get this dry nose more under control cause it feels so annoying lol. Thanks for all the replies folks. Also thanks a lot MissAngie for the reply! I will fast for like 15 hours. I have a suppressed appetite anyway so it shouldn't be too difficult.