Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TNT Dynamike

What was your starting dose?

What was your starting dose for accutane? And what's your height and weight? List the mg and how many times a day you took it as well. I'm curious as to what other people started at. I know it's supposed to be gauged on your weight and height. It just seems like my starting dose was awfully high compared to what I've been hearing around here.

I was prescribed 30 mg twice a day. I'm 6'1" and 185 pounds.

I was given the option by my derm to take 40mg once a day or 30mg twice a day. I of course went with 30mg twice a day cause it was higher and would be more effective.

I'm starting at 40mg once a day for the first month. I'm 5'9" 130-135 lbs. I'll be going to 40mg twice a day starting month two.

60mg doesn't seem high for your height/weight. Have you researched the dosage for weight and cumulative dose? There's some good information on this website about it if you haven't already. HTH.

My derm wanted to start at 80mg, but I refused to take that much knowing it was too high for my weight (5' 3.5" 115 llbs./52kg) so we agreed on 40mg. The dose got bumped up to 60mg the 2nd month and remainder.

My PA started me at 40mgs and considers that a low dose. I weigh 115lb and am 5'2". She said she usually starts people 60mgs but because I have a tendency to be sensitive to meds - she started me "low". I have a feeling she is going to want to bump me to 60mgs at some point - I don't see myself moving beyond that amount and should get to my cumulative dose after 4-5 months.

I am 5'2" and 140 pounds, taking 40mg once a day. I will probably jump to 60mg after the first month, but I was paranoid and wanted to start lower.