Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danielaxo

Spironolactone!! Going to a derm on Wed!!

So Im not giving up on getting prescribed spironolactone! I called around to derm offices and asked them if they incorporate spiro in there treatment for acne and alot said yes, I was surprised after my medical doctor said it wasnt used for acne. Of course the derm offices said that I would have to talk to the derm first and they would give me whatever they felt would work best for me . I'm just glad its an option in there office since nothin else has worked for me! Still breaking out and have been on the minocycline almost a month and in june and july was on the doxycycline and still no results. Sick of this and my skin is still extremely oily! Acne everywhere mostly on cheeks and jawline. I've had a few painful ones too!! Any tips on how to persuad the derm to get me on spironolactone??? LOL Thanks guys and everyone on spiro please let me know how its been going and if its working wonders for your skin. Wish me luck on wednesday!!!Thanks again

Make a list of your failed products (topicals and oral products and how long you used them)... and tell them of a strong correlation of your breakouts to your period and/or ovulation (if there is one... that's a good indication the spiro will help you).

Spiro is pretty much the most effective treatment for acne in women caused by androgens. I hope you're able to get it and have good luck with it :)