Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JC32

sunscreen for sensitive acne prone skin?

So I have very sensitive skin. If I rest my chin on my hand for 5 minutes, my chin gets bright red...When I go pluck/wax my eyebrows my skin swells up and it looks as if I got punched in both eyes! Add to that the fact that my skin will break out at the thought of a new product, it makes it very difficult to find good stuff!

I started a regimen recently that seems to be working and I'm very happy with it so far. I have not had a new zit in almost a week (which is a miracle in itself) and my existing acne is fading at a good rate. Things are good......except for the fact that I KNOW I need to wear sunscreen if I ever want my hyper-pigmentation to chillax....plus I'm already in my 30's...I'm counting every wrinkle!

So does anyone know of a good sunscreen for my moody skin? Sunscreen seems to be the one thing my skin hates the most.

JC

Have you ever tried Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant?The one for this link is a daily moisturizer,but it's clinically proven to even out your skin tone and texture and it has natural light diffusers which help to fade out discolorations and stuff.It's great!I use it every day and it really helps to fade out marks and stuff.They make it with spf 30 and also 15.You may be thinking "well that's no help because I already have a moisturizer I use."Well I use CeraVe moisturizer every day and then I wait about 15 minutes for that to soak in and apply the Aveeno to even out the texture and colors and plus it's a great sunscreen.It may be a bit feminine,but it's great stuff and it's worth a try.Good luck,hope I helped.

http://www.aveeno.com/productDetail.do?prodid=1584

Gabrik,

Thanks for the suggestion! I really don't mind it being feminine since I'm a girl after all..lol

I'm always so nervous about trying new products but I know that I need to use sunscreen and need to start sooner than later!

Right now I use Clinique's Moisture Surge moisturizer and I love it because it's a gel and it absorbs right away and is completely oil free. My skin always feels so soft afterward. I will keep the Aveeno in mind though! Thanks!

JC

no problem :).and yeah sorry,i guess i didnt think you might be a girl >_<.good luck with everything,glad i could be of at least a little bit of help.