Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am dating or seeing a guy that approached me while having acne and severe acne scars. Every time we get really close to each other faces, I try to avoid eye contact and try to look the other way. I've been doing this a lot since he said the face is what attracts him to a girl. One time he was playing around and poked me in the face by accident and there was a huge zit there. he said," you have a --" and I replied,"yeah". (like I didn't know :rolleyes: )I was so embarrassed. I don't think I can date with acne, its too much pressure. Should I tell him? Has anyone experienced awkward moments like this?

I think any of us who have dated has had a moment like that. For many, dating can be daunting and a little nerve-wracking, so when the object of your affection vocally notices your skin, it can add to the trouble.

Even my own fiance, who has flawless skin, on rare occasion would mention that I had some kind of bump on my face. I would always say something like, "My skin can have its bad days" to let him know I was acknowledging it, and would move on. After a few times of this, I finally said, "My skin isn't as nice as yours and it makes me uncomfortable when you mention it. I would prefer that you didn't." And that was that. :)

So just remember that no matter what your skin looks like, you are worth dating and falling in love with. It seems pretty normal for people with great skin to point out acne sometimes (as if they think we don't know lol), but someone who ridicules you or purposely makes you feel bad about it is not worth your time.

Tell him how you feel. If I'm trying to be close to a woman and she avoids eye contact, I'll think she isn't that interested. If you tell him the reason why you're looking away he will understand.

However, I don't know why he would point out you have a zit. What good could possibly come out of that.

ahh i was dating this guy once and we were just hanging out one summer night...and i had a huge zit on my chest :redface: and a tank top on. anyways, he points to it, starts laughing and says "what are you...13". AH. It wasn't to bad cause I loved him and we'd been together for awhile and yada yada yada..but still.

Ugh, that's the worst. :\ People who have always had clear skin their whole life (especially guys, I've noticed) don't seem to really comprehend the awareness we are of our acne-induced flaws.