Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

a few months ago, my acne got really bad and the cystic ones left my skin with many scars and hyperpigmentations. just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to rid my face of these hyperpigmentations faster. I am currently using retin-a, but it seems to be moving very slowly along.

PS - am I supposed to moisturize after applying retin-a?

Bye.

i will disapear on its own but it can take a while ... like 6 months. in my opinion this is the best way to treat it .. leave it alone. but if you want to lighten it up faster then use something like Thiospot.

Try topical niacinimide.

Does it have to be prescribed to you? I'm probably sound stupid when I ask this, but would crushing Niacin and making it into a paste have any benefits?

Try topical niacinimide.

Does it have to be prescribed to you? I'm probably sound stupid when I ask this, but would crushing Niacin and making it into a paste have any benefits?

I mix a niacinimide capsule with aloe vera. There a drug called nicomide which is niacinimide with other minerals and I don't think the topical version requires a prescription but you have to ask the pharmacist for it.

Also, many Olay and Paula's choice products have niacinimide.

Try topical niacinimide.

you can give it a try.

i just wanted to say crushing niacin pills might not be a great idea since there are tons of filler(s) in there. i'd rather buy pure niacin powder

http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Niacin...00-g/16382?at=0

http://purebulk.com/niacin-usp

i will disapear on its own but it can take a while ... like 6 months. in my opinion this is the best way to treat it .. leave it alone. but if you want to lighten it up faster then use something like Thiospot.

It's been about 5 months now, and the hyperpigments are still very visible. I think the acne was extremely inflamed and way too big in size. The hyperpigments are mostly on both my cheeks and some on my forehead, but there are little bits and pieces almost everywhere. I remember I had a couple from about 5 years ago that are still slightly visible even now.

is there anything that will treat uneven skin also?

Try using Likas Papaya Whitening soap. It seems to be working for a few people. It's all natural and has won some awards for its effectiveness. I started using it a few days ago and even though it hasn't yet taken away my red marks, I have noticed my skin looks brighter and milkier.

Give it a shot..it's very cheap so you wouldnt be out a bunch of money. They sell it at most Asian/Philippine stores.

JC

Try anything with AHA in it. AHA promotes skin cell turnover and it helped my red marks disappear faster and faster if you stick to it. Also, my dermatologist told me to moisturize first, and apply a topical 40 minutes after.

Try using Likas Papaya Whitening soap. It seems to be working for a few people. It's all natural and has won some awards for its effectiveness. I started using it a few days ago and even though it hasn't yet taken away my red marks, I have noticed my skin looks brighter and milkier.

Give it a shot..it's very cheap so you wouldnt be out a bunch of money. They sell it at most Asian/Philippine stores.

JC

can the Likas Papaya soap clog pores. I ask because my acne is still present. I still break out about once a week, but not as bad as I did before. I know that if I got rid of all the hyperpigmentations, my skin would look a thousand times better than it does now, with or without acne.

And about moisturizing before any other topicals, does this mean that I should put moisturizer on then apply benzoyl peroxide 40 minutes after?

Thanks for all the replies everyone, please keep them coming if you have them.