Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rosia

A few questions!!

My acne developed when i was 16 years old and this was like only 6 months ago.. I used to have clear skin and now everything sucks.. My acne is somewhat mild but very persistent. Benzoyl peroxide used to work very well. It cleared me up in 2 weeks but after a month it stopped working. I've been to the dermatologist and was prescribed several things that haven't worked so far.

My question is Can I take Accutane even if my acne is mild? I'm starting to get red spots that is left from pimples. I'm just so sick of it that i'm willing to try anything.

So far i'm on Isotrex gel and Skinoren cream. I plan on using it for 2 months. It's now the 6th week and i haven't seen any real improvement yet. I'm going to university soon, i just want my clear face back.... Pls help me!

Also, is it necessary to wear sunscreen at all time?? Most sunscreens break me out and so I choose not to wear any.. I rarely go out in the sun though..

You CAN get accutane for mild acne, but it would be more of a challenge than if you have moderate or severe acne. I would recommend persistence with your doctor/dermatologist. I got my accutane through persistent begging/pleading :)

As for sunscreen: If your on accutane, you would want to wear it, but I never did. I have dark skin, and live in the cloudiest part of Canada..so it was never really an issue.