Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skinilove

breaking out immediately after finishing?

I can't find anyone else talking about this, is this entirely uncommon?

It was really only during my last 6 weeks that I felt there was an improvement, but even then I was still breaking out and getting a couple of incredibly inflamed whiteheads and large cysts.

I finished on Monday, and now I have two painful cysts and a whitehead I see coming up. What should I be expecting here? I've seen some people say their full improvement doesn't come until after they've been off it for a month or so. But has anyone had this - that as soon as the drug's out of your system, you're breaking out worse than ever?

I've been on accutane 5 or 6 times in the last 10 years and every single time I broke out within a month of stopping. In fact...my acne may have been worse. But I take low dose right now and it seems to keep me at bay...but I wouldn't want to see how my skin would look if I stopped! I also notice that no one seems to comment on this topic ( I have posed this question before myself). Maybe it is uncommon...but it happened to me :(

I've been on accutane 5 or 6 times in the last 10 years and every single time I broke out within a month of stopping. In fact...my acne may have been worse. But I take low dose right now and it seems to keep me at bay...but I wouldn't want to see how my skin would look if I stopped! I also notice that no one seems to comment on this topic ( I have posed this question before myself). Maybe it is uncommon...but it happened to me :(

Pretty much exactly the same story except change the '5 or 6 times' with 3 or 4 and change the 'last 10 years' with last 2 years.

Im currently starting up on a low dose again after stopping for a month, I stopped on purpose to see what affect it would have, stupidly hoping that maybe by some miracle I had started growing out of acne. Well as soon as I stopped, my chin started breaking out (first place to break out it seems), and a couple of days ago I felt my jawline starting to give way. I have a history of cystic acne pretty much all over my face so I figured well the chin and jawline have gone, next it will be the (already severely scarred) cheeks so I didnt wait around to find out and started a low dose course again.

My courses were all about 4-5 months long :) But I think maybe 40 mg a day wasn't enough. Next time I think I'll ask for 60 mg. I've heard it's 1 mg per kg of weight or something.

My first course was at 40mg/60mg for 5 1/2 months

2nd course was 10mg a day for about 7 months

3rd course was 10mg a day for about 5 months

The 4th course Im on now is 10mg every other day (or 5mg on some days)