Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dindizzle

ON SOLODYN FOR over 2 months

i have been on solodyn since June 19th and it is aug. 28th, That is for over 2.25 months! My face has simply been breaking out the whole time and looks worse than before I started. should I just stop use, I mean could it still start to work, even then I have to get off after three months. SO?

i have been on solodyn since June 19th and it is aug. 28th, That is for over 2.25 months! My face has simply been breaking out the whole time and looks worse than before I started. should I just stop use, I mean could it still start to work, even then I have to get off after three months. SO?

Which dosage are you on? Reason I ask is because I took 90mg Solodyn for roughly 2 months about a year ago but my condition never improved. I went back to the derm in June hoping to go back on bactrim (which is the only thing that cured my acne till then). Well, much to my dismay, they stuck me back on Solodyn even when I told them it didn't work the first time.

However, they bumped my dosage to 135mg this time. I did break out for about a month or so, but it did clear me up after about 6 weeks...to my surprise. I'm off it now though and on accutane.

I will say that the 135mg dosage gave me side effects I didn't experience with other antibiotics. Mainly, being in a fog from time to time or having a heavy head. Don't know how else to describe it but I'm glad I'm off it now.