Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Twisty20

Regimen Clarity (Before I dip into the wallet...)

Hello All!

I'm jumping into the DKR. However, before I do I wanted to clarify some things prior to ordering. Is the following regimen fine/correct?

Morning:

1) ACNE.org Cleanser (will substitute with Cetaphil Gentle Wash for the time being)

1.5) Shave with ACNE.org Cleanser

2) ACNE.org Treatment (leave on, don't wash off)

3) Sunscreen Moisturizer + Jojoba Oil, applied over BP (*need a recommendation. I use Olay Sunscreen, but its no longer recc'd)

Night:

1) ACNE.org Cleanser (will substitute with Cetaphil Gentle Wash for the time being)

2) ACNE.org BP (leave on, don't wash off)

3) AHA Lotion, applied over BP (Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 10% Gly-Acid - I have been using for 9 months now)

So basically, I want to know if:

- Do you guys (men) use any aftershave?

- What's a good Sunscreen for morning moisturizing? (Don't want to use Olay)

- Can I substitute moisturizing lotion at night with my AHA Lotion?

Please note that once I finish all my products (Cetaphil, AHA Lotion), I'll be ordering Dan's products as it is cheaper and makes sense.

Thank you to any who clicked into the thread, and thanks in advance for any/all help!!

That's about right, except that you'll need to lay off the AHA until your skin adjusts to the full amount of BP. AHA is pretty strong stuff, and it's just too harsh on your skin while it's adjusting to the BP.

While you're waiting for your skin to adjust, you'll just be using the cleanser, treatment, and a regular moisturizer in the morning and at night (sorry, I don't have any recommendations for SPF moisturizer for use during the day).

After about a month on The Regimen, you can add the AHA back in. : )

That's about right, except that you'll need to lay off the AHA until your skin adjusts to the full amount of BP. AHA is pretty strong stuff, and it's just too harsh on your skin while it's adjusting to the BP.

While you're waiting for your skin to adjust, you'll just be using the cleanser, treatment, and a regular moisturizer in the morning and at night (sorry, I don't have any recommendations for SPF moisturizer for use during the day).

Cool, sounds good. Guess I'll be using my Complex 15 for a month or so.

So no reccomendation on a Sunscreen Lotion?? You don't use any?

Cool, sounds good. Guess I'll be using my Complex 15 for a month or so.

So no reccomendation on a Sunscreen Lotion?? You don't use any?

I don't go out in the daytime very often, but when I do, I use Coppertone Oil Free Faces SPF 30. It says it's hypoallergenic and won't clog pores, and it's fine for me, but I don't know anyone else's experience with it.