Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've never really had an issue with acne on my neck. I will get a few pimples around my jawline but that's about it, except for now. A few weeks ago my neck just starting breaking out like crazy and still is and now I'm having new acne plus the red marks from the old acne. What the heck is causing this all of a sudden? I'm a 21 year old female and I use salicylic acid wash 2x a day on my face and now my neck.

Thanks!

Ok by neck do you mean slightly bellow the chin line or like down kinda near the collar or both ?

Mostly like the jawline and right below the chin.

Did you stop any birth control pills recently? As i said in another thread, I stopped Yasmin and and after a couple of months neck acne appeared for the first time (my acne was usually on chin/cheeks). I still have this problem after being off the pill for months - with some improvements lately thank God.

Did you stop any birth control pills recently? As i said in another thread, I stopped Yasmin and and after a couple of months neck acne appeared for the first time (my acne was usually on chin/cheeks). I still have this problem after being off the pill for months - with some improvements lately thank God.

hmmm it seems pretty common for people to have breakouts after stopping the pill. Why do doctors never warn us about that!?

I used to get neck acne aswell on my jawline and on the back of my neck. Turned out it was caused by a Candida infection.

Got rid of it by getting on an anti candida diet. Just Google it and you will find what foods to avoid and so on...

And taking these pills...

LAMBERTS Acidophilus extra 10

LAMBERTS Candaway

Candida is very similar looking to acne and if you think that it's not caused by hormones it could be Candida! Its basically a yeast that feeds of oily skin.

Edited by Lily91

I am also 21 female.

Weeks ago i started having some big painful flamming acne on LEFT side of neck.

I love my right side instead.

Left side become hidous.

This week:

RIGHT side is growing more and more little red pain flamming pimples.

I tell myself it could be my super dirty pillow casing i haven change for about 2 months.

I hope and pray it's due to pillow casing and not some new discovered areas by my skin to develop acne.

I'm a 41 year old female and started getting neck acne about 6 months ago. And each pimple lasts forever, and if I mess with it it just gets redder and bigger. I'm spot treating with OTC acne cream, and I wash my sheets about once a week. Could this be hormones?

Kristen,

what hair products do you use? They may be irritating your skin, as I got acne near my hairline a lot. To fix this, I switched to an SLS free shampoo and conditioner, and look out for bad comodogenic oils. after washing products out, you could wash your back/neck with some cleanser, and then dry your hair up in a towel, and try to minimize contact with your neck. do you get pimples anywhere else?

Kristen,

what hair products do you use? They may be irritating your skin, as I got acne near my hairline a lot. To fix this, I switched to an SLS free shampoo and conditioner, and look out for bad comodogenic oils. after washing products out, you could wash your back/neck with some cleanser, and then dry your hair up in a towel, and try to minimize contact with your neck. do you get pimples anywhere else?

Shampoo was the main reason I broke out on my neck. An SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner seems like a good idea. Although I have short hair, so I just wash with Dan's cleanser and it gets the job done. :)