Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aasaalhum

my acne and dark marks have decreased drastically in the past few weeks

Posted

unfortunately, i've been using so much stuff on my face that i don't know what did it! i know that's a horrible way to fight acne, but i was just going crazy and i suck at sticking to products (i have unreasonable expectations). i'm just praying to god that it never comes back like that b/c i literally wanted to hit the mirror with a sledgehammer just so i could break something while destroying the damn mirror in one go.

Posted

I know how you feel. I started using this glycolic acid cream and just putting it on anytime I remembered it existed. Then I noticed my skin had an almost lightly sunburnt appearance, so I'm taking a break from the cream for a few days. My marks have faded a lot though, I'm almost tempted to keep applying constantly...

Posted

and i used tazorac for 3 nights (even more sparingly than instructed) and peeled like crazy. fortunately, my face isn't too red...and i'm sure that helped my dark marks a lot!

Posted

i find organic aloe vera really good. natural anti oxidant. heals up marks really well :)

Posted

I can totally relate! Whenever I get a few spots, i go crazy and experiment 1 million things! This time, i think i went overboard cuz i got a really annoying breakout on my cheeks and that was a first!

First i used a tree tea oil-i dont know if it helped cuz, the pimple wouldnt disappear like faster, it would still take around 5-6-7 days to flake off and that was normal for me neways. It actually caused me to breakout more in some places, i dont know if it was purging.

Then i went to dermo, she gave me 2% salicylic acid, which i used for 2 days and it only made my skin really red and dry (i wasnt using any moisturizer) so i stopped.

Then i tried honey and rose water, it helped with my blemishes, not completely, but some of the redness faded away, again i tihnk i went overboard and dabbed SO much honey on my red marks, that i developed pimples again!

Then i went to another dermo she gave me zineryt for my zits, in one week they dried and flaked off. I overdid with that as well, cuz instead of twice, i dabbed on it 10 times, so the zits flaked off but my skin was so dry and red! It wasnt helping too much with the red marks, so i stopped.

I didnt do anything for a few days, then i decided to try the salicylic acid gel again. Once again, my skin was red and dry and really sensitive, BUT it started peeling in a week and once that happened, my red marks seemed to be fade..although one blemish had this thin dry skin over it and as i was cleaning that with a cotton and it started BLEEDING! i was so scared..so i stopped using the gel anywhere.

I dabbed some olive oil on my 'bloody' spot nd its not too red anymore, just brownish.

I am taking a break from salicylic acid right now and i think for a while ill stick to just exfoliating my face with baby brush and moisturizing PROPERLY. Hopefully the remaining marks will gradually fade.

I think either way, salicyclic acid or baby brush, they both exfoliate, so i might as well use something gentle? If religious exfoliation and moisturizing dont help with the remanining scars, ill try salicylic acid to further reduce the marks..oh and yes im going to start using a sunblock!

I also realized, earlier my pimples when untouched or messed with, would go away faster and the red marks would def fade faster..but because i treated my pimple with harsh stuff i think thats why i was left with such red marks...

so next time i will jast dab my ocassional pimple with a clay such as fuller earth mixed with rose water and once the pimple dries and falls off, i will exfoliate and moisturize to heal the red marks!

Posted

see id love to exfoliate but it aggravates my skin to much and swear causes break outs, then you have to slap moisturizes all over and my skin wont like that either.

i dont know, i think i went overboard with topicals and ended up making the skin so bad and the more you slap on the worse it gets.

today i have started to eat properly. i am still going to avoid dairy as i dont think my stomach after 3 months of anti biotic can process it correctly.

in fact i went to a shop called bean bag and they sold me an amazing pro biotic contains like 8 million good bacteria;s

anyway. i want to heal the inside of me before i work on the outside.

if that makes any sense