Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X3Kell3X

The best Primer

I just started using a primer and i have to say i LOVEEE it!! Im on accutane and my skin is dry. I tried using liquid makeup and i just can't get the hang of it so i went back to powders (Make Up For Ever Duo Mat) i noticed that in some places it went on patchy and uneven. So i went to Sephora and the lady there recommended Too Faced Primed And Poreless Skin Smoothing Primer. I guess its a new product of theirs. She was also on accutane and told me it would smooth out my skin and not clog pores even though it doesnt say its oil free. She looked over the ingridents and she defiantly knew what she was talking about. So i bought it. It makes my skin feel sooo soft. I apply it all over then apply the powder with a brush and touch up problem areas with the sponge. It looks really natural. However, it still makes me nervous that it doesn't say oil free. I havent broken out with it yet and it doesn't irritate my skin, but since its my first primer im curious to hear if there are better ones out there. Plus it was pretty pricey. $30 for a small tube, but i think makeup is worth the money, personally. So let me know what your favorite primer is and where you got it! Thanks

Im not sure what to do. I just got three sorta small pimples. I haven't broken out in a few days so this is disappointing. im not sure if its the primer.. or maybe my field hockey mask i have to wear over my face but the derm said that shouldn't break me out. Should i stop using the primer?? It makes my makeup look so much better though.. Im lost.

I've been using clinique pore minimizer for months now... It's $17.50 a tube from the Sephora website. It works great. It looks as if it'll put color on your face (I use the invisible light) but, I don't actually see it working as makeup when I use it. I have older skin, but am still very oily in the t-zone area.

I also really loveDHC velvet skin coat. But, they do base a lot of their formulations on olive oil. Idk, though, some oils are beneficial to ppl with bad skin. It may be worth researching what you might be able to use.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...;categoryId=B70

Your skin might react differently to products while on accutane. It may return to it's old self after you come off of it. Mine did, though it took a few months. I gather the experience is different for everyone.

I don't know if I'd freak over three pimples. How long have you been on accutane?

The clinique minimizer is a primer? And i know i shouldnt freak but it was starting to clear up and ive been on accutane for 3 and a half months. this is my fourth month now. I guess im just nervous to go back to school. I was hoping to be clear by then.. minus all the red marks.

I understand completely. Of course, you know stressing it will not help.

(Like it really helps me telling you that! :/ ... I wish this were all easier)

Yeah, it's a primer, Idk why their labeling isn't more clear. They probably had success selling it and would lose customers if they changed it now. If you look at that link it's under oil blotting papers... Odd, huh?

I wish you all the best! :)

<edit:> You only need a little of the product, & it will show up any flakey skin you have more clearly. So, I wouldn't use it if you're too dry.

kk thanks for the advice. does it just smooth out your pores or does it literally minimizer them? it sounds sorta harsh.

I have really oily t-zone skin... For me... It does the same thing smashbox primer does, but keeps me matte longer. It helps me stay matte, & adds a barrier layer that helps makeup go on smooth... Seems to help hide my deeper scars. (by a very small amount, I'll take what I can get)

Nothing I've tried will keep me matte through an eight hour shift, but the two I mentioned above did the best job for me.... I couldn't use Laura Geller's spackle at all. Made me shiny!

It doesn't feel harsh on skin. It feels soft and smooth. It has no astringents, but it has a kind of powdery finish that will show skin flakes.

Hope this helps. :think:

Okay so im thinking of trying Purminerals Color Correcting Foundation Primer in Green or MUFE's Green Primer or Regular Primer. Has any tried any of these or some others??

i just picked up a sample of Korres's sillicone free primer and i read reviews on MUA and based on that it doesn't sound too good. I think sillcione is what broke me out for the Too faced primer. So pleassee any ideas.????

i really like pur minerals color correcting primer in green, but it's 30 dollars as well for a small bottle. sometimes if you subscribe to their emails they'll give you a free bottle with a purchase!

It didn't make u look green or anything??

I tried the make up forever one at sephora and i defiantly looked green.

I'm using smashbox, but am not in love with it as I used to be. Feels very...slippery. I think that's the silicone? Sephora gives out free samples. Last time I went in, I got like 8 different primer samples. Of course, that was like overload. I couldn't keep them straight and couldn't decide which ones I liked. So I've defaulted back to Smashbox just because I got overwhelmed and confused by the whole stupid process. I think I liked Makeup Forever's primer however.

i really like pur minerals color correcting primer in green, but it's 30 dollars as well for a small bottle. sometimes if you subscribe to their emails they'll give you a free bottle with a purchase!

no, it doesn't make me look green at all. i take a concealer brush dispense a bit of primer right onto the brush and apply to the areas (breakouts, mostly) where my skin is red. then i go back in with either a foundation brush, sponge, or my fingers and blend it out.

it really doesn't even show the slightest hint, especially with foundation. but it really does make a difference in hiding redness and i sometimes will wear it alone it's so good(: i think the key is applying it only where you need it and blending it from there. you can 1- apply a small amount all over your face or 2- apply sort of a lot to only problem areas and then blending it out (:

I was thinking about tryung the Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel. It can be translucent as a primer or have a tint and it nourishes the skin and is oil free, frangrence free, and it reduces redness and discoloration. But its $57 !! Has anyone heard of this? or knows of something like it, thats cheaper??