Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple Shampoo

Going to the gym on the Regimen

I'm trying to really crack down on every aspect as possible as to finding out why i'm still breaking out. this relates to switching to an electric shaver from the traditional 2 blade razors to my diet. (i've been on the regimen for over 7 months)

I apply every morning and then go to work. after work, around 6-7 i'll head to the gym. but before i go to the gym, i'll wash my face with just water to remove the BP because it burns if i sweat. when i get back, i'll shower for the 2nd time and do my nightly application.

am i going about this the right way? i know washing your face too much can cause outbreaks, but do i have any other choices?

what do you guys do when you head to the gym after a day of application?

Im at tha gym 6 days a week and similar to your case I go after school. I wash my face and do the regimen in the morning and get to the gym about 6-730 or 8. For me, when I sweat a little it does burn but when I break a huge sweat it just takes the products off. So maybe leave the products on and just after your done lifting go play a game of bball or hit the cardio room. Works for me. Hope this helps

Good question, i really want to get back into bodybuilding but not sure what to do with it, This prob wont work for you but I think the best option would be wake up early and workout then take a shower/do the regimen, But im not a morning person, Ill prob just suck it up tho. This seems like the only way also, i wouldnt like working out and sweating unless im taking a shower and doing the regimen right after cuz it just doesnt feel right.

Waking up 30-45 mins early seems like the best way to throw it into your day, this is how i will try it but we'll see.

Also if you cant wake up early i say just suck it up and let it burn and take a shower right after and do the regimen especially since its at night. The only problem im seeing with the gym is working out mid day because i dont wanna have to take 3 showers.

Hmm yea i dont know about this, I am also wanting to get back to the gym and i would generally go in the afternoon. I think i will either leave it on and go home shower and put my regimen on for the night OR take it off before the gym and still go home etc.

i feel as though sweating with the BP is worse since it burns and irritates the skin. would you guys agree?

that's why i wash my face before i go to the gym and when i go home i'll take my 2nd shower of the day and apply for the night. also when i shower, i don't know if anyone else does this, but i don't let the water hit my face from the showerhead. i actually just palm it and gently wash off the sweat/last night's application.

i feel as though sweating with the BP is worse since it burns and irritates the skin. would you guys agree?

that's why i wash my face before i go to the gym and when i go home i'll take my 2nd shower of the day and apply for the night. also when i shower, i don't know if anyone else does this, but i don't let the water hit my face from the showerhead. i actually just palm it and gently wash off the sweat/last night's application.

Probably, I have to walk a ways in the sun in the morning to classes and a light sweat around my upper lip burns so much when i sweat, i cant imagine working out with it, Id def figure something out to where i didnt have any bp on when working out. For me i think itd just be best to workout right when i wake up (prob splash face to remove previous nights bp with water) then take a shower and do the regimen.

That's a good question. Im starting tha gym in about a week and your routine is wat I was planning on doin. Jus washin my face gently (jus water) b4 heading to tha gym. Its true on how a lil sweat gives that burning feelin...I hate it.

I go to the gym 2x a week

instead of changing my regimen on those days, i hit the gym late as possible, before night regimen, i wear minimal clothing and open all the doors and windows near me, preventing me from sweating too much, then i just go home do the regimen after, better than overwashing

My face has been clear as of this week and I'd like to keep it that way. I know sweating is the reason why I still break out.

I've mentioned that I wash my face before I work out, but with just water. Should I at least wash with Dan's Cleanser instead of just using water before working out? After working out, I'll take a shower and follow up with the Regimen.