Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
halifax

halifax's accutane log! (Post-Accutane!)

Congrats on almost being done! I am on day 26 today, and for this whole first month have been taking 60mg. I'm hoping to be done in 5months, but it looks like that is not always the case after reading your blog. Anyways, congrats again! Almost there!

It looks like we're in pretty similar positions. Both on very high doses and both going more than five months. You're on day 177 now, though I'm only on 117, but I'm supposed to go 180 days. You're going 195 right?

Well good luck! I can't wait to get off this thing and I'm sure you're the same way!

Kevin N - It does go quicker than you think it would. I was also on a really low dose the first month to get me acclimated to the side effects, so that is the reason I was originally scheduled to do 6 months of accutane instead of the standard 5. My derm also prescribed me a little extra just to make sure, or at least lower the chance of, the acne coming back.

leadzeppelin - yeah I can't wait to get off accutane. And yeah, we both are on high dosages. Hopefully our high dosages prevent the acne from ever coming back.

Current updates:

Day 180 - 6 Months

So.. I've got 15 more days on accutane. I'm really looking forward to being off accutane. I want the slight reddish tint of my skin to go away. I want my redmarks to fade, and I want to be ready to go out in the sun come spring/summer. I want my chap lips to go away and I want the dryness of my nose to go away. I am tired of putting lotion on my arms everyday because they're so dry, and I don't want to worry about acne again!!!

I also have a whitehead near my upper lip. It is really small and I think it is an ingrown hair. Wish it wasn't there.. oh well.. 15 more days

Day 165 -

Just started the amnesteem today.. I feel bad for whoever had to have amnesteem for their entire course. It is such a pain in the ass to open the little packages that are taped shut, then the pills are in the little pockets that are themselves hard to open as well. Claravis has a similar design in that it comes in a little package and the pills are in the pockets, but imo they're 100x easier to get out.

Anyway.. I had this little red bump on my nose that I squeezed and a little thing came out. Not like a blackhead or like a pimple, but a little like pod type thing. I think it was an ingrown hair but idk. Lips are dry, inside of my nose is dry, woke up with a stiff neck.

Im assuming your from Canada, Where did you order Dr dans from Halifax?

futbol for life - No it isn't a good idea to pop pimples, but I sometimes do it even though I know it isn't good. As for aftershave I just moisturizer A LOT. I find this works better than aftershave, which is why I usually shave at night.. this way it doesnt matter if my face looks shiny cause it is covered in lotion.

acne2010 - Halifax just happens to be the name of a band that I like. I am from the US, so I'm unable to answer your question

Day 183 (12 DAYS LEFT)

So I have 12 days left.. pretty excited about that. My face has been a little redder than normal due to the FREEZING COLD WEATHER AND WIND. It sucks. Skin is doing pretty well. I got a random pimple on my elbow.. strange. Lips are really dry still. Eyes are dry as well.

I took some pictures at about the one month mark that I think I'll put up when I finish my course, along with after pictures. Just trying to work up the courage to put em on here :) Not as brave as some of you guys I guess.

Day 186 (10 Days left.. counting today)

Face is a little red, again due to the cold weather. Skin is doing okay. I feel like I might still have some stuff under the surface that will either go away post accutane or Ill hvae to get it squeezed out. By stuff under the skin I mean like blackheads.. but tehy're not black. Idk, I have a derm visit next month so I'll see what she says.

Day 188 (8 Days left... counting today)

I woke up today with two red bumps... one on each forearm. It's pretty strange. I also have like.. a skin color bump near my upper back. I dont think that it is a pimple or anything. I'm not really sure what it is. Strange.. but I guess thats accutane.

Lips are dry and face is still kind of red. 8 More days!!

Day 190 - (5 Days :: 110 Hours [Estimate])

(19 Pills Left - I guess I lost one somewhere along the way and am only going to take three on the last day)

5 Days from now I will have taken my last pill. Nothing new to report on really.. still pretty red with chapped lips. Stopped using hydrocortisone .. idk I know it is a steroid and not good for you if you use a lot, so I decided to stop. I only use it on the back of my hands to prevent rashes. Dr. Dan's Cortibalm is working well. Really can't wait to be done..

Day 192 - 72 hours Left!

Lips and face have been dry / red. Eyes have also been very dry lately. I have 12 more pills to take. I have already taken two today, I take 4 tomorrow, 4 friday, and 2 saturday. Really can't wait to be done! Just tryin to keep on keepin on

Post-Accutane Day 1

(Day 196 total)

Well.. I took my last two pills yesterday around 1PM. I haven't noticed much of a difference in the way my skin is or feels as far as dryness / redness. I actually have a patch of dry skin around my jaw which is annoying. I'll try to keep updating as much as I can b/c I know this is probably the time people are most interested in.

*Knock on wood*

Yeah I'm clear. Skin is becoming slightly less dry, but still very dry. Lips are still chapped, but slightly less chapped. The day I started I'd say I had 20pimples, a very oily complexion, and tons of blackheads. Clear now but have a few redmarks, nothing horrible, but a few.

Day 210 (15 days post tane)

Skin is definitely not as dry, not oily, but not painfully dry. Lips are much less chapped but still chapped/dry. Today I woke up and didn't HAVE to put moisturizer on, which is a big step for me haha. I think I have a pimple on my upper back area. Hopefully things keep getting better and the things that I have read that say accutane keeps working for 2 months after u stop taking it r true. Eyes are definitely less dry, and I kind of feel less tired/sluggish, tho I can't say accutane caused the sluggishness at all. I'll keep updating as much as I can, and if anyone ever has a question about accutane or anything else just pm me or post here.

Day 210 (15 days post tane)

Skin is definitely not as dry, not oily, but not painfully dry. Lips are much less chapped but still chapped/dry. Today I woke up and didn't HAVE to put moisturizer on, which is a big step for me haha. I think I have a pimple on my upper back area. Hopefully things keep getting better and the things that I have read that say accutane keeps working for 2 months after u stop taking it r true. Eyes are definitely less dry, and I kind of feel less tired/sluggish, tho I can't say accutane caused the sluggishness at all. I'll keep updating as much as I can, and if anyone ever has a question about accutane or anything else just pm me or post here.

Keep the updates coming.