Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
depressedbridetobe

a desperate bride-to-be

Hi, i'm 28 years old. my wedding will be in this coming october which have only 6 weeks left. at first, I was suffering from irritation from salon facial (once in 2 weeks since february). i got LOTS of whiteheads and clog pores (alot more oily skin plus lots of invisible bumps, no scar no acne) I stopped doing facial in july and went to dermalogist. I took minocycline antibiotics for a month+differin gel 3%+dual light treatment (blu-light)+Beta acid peeling (once a week). and nothing is improving after a month (only a lil bit less oily, MORE visible acnes+hyperpigmentation-red marks+brown spots). will have the last treatment (the 6th treatment) of beta acid peeing+blu light next week. Seeking for a better treatment!!!!! so depressed over my face issue and wedding is coming its way SOON!!!!!

should i got for PDT? although will get downside for 2 weeks?

btw, i'm asian with darker (tanned) skin toned. maybe this is why i got hyperpigmentation??

but what can i do now to reduce it to get even skin tone????

i am taking yaz pill now (started for a week already) but don't think i have hormonal acnes and it won't help for getting even skin tone.

Hello bride-to-be ,

First of all try to relax and breath gently in and out ... a wedding is already stressful enough for a young woman like yourself ;-)

As for a possible soluttion ... I can only say that after years and years of trouble I " seem " to have finally found the product that killed my adult acne ( I am 31 years old ) in only 3 weeks time ... the only thing I experienced was a break-out at the end of week 1 but this cleared up much more quickly than before .

The product you ask ? Epiduo 0,1% / 2,5 % Gel ... I wish I had taken pictures to show you the difference but let me tell you this much ... it has completely boosted my confidence in the past two weeks ( and I need that at work as a sales representative ) . Do use it combined with a good moisturizer as it tends to peel off your skin a bit ( itching ) .

Anyway ... I cannot recommend anything that worked faster and more efficiently that this product ( not even that horrible ROACCUTANE )

First off, congrats on your upcoming wedding!

In my honest opinion I think going gung ho with all these treatments is going to hurt you more than do good. I got married last year and I was anxious about about my skin too but in the end, you should really relax. Stress will break you out more. If I were you I'd cancel anything else w/ the derm. Will the blue light and acid treatments really help you or are they trying to push and sell their products? Ask yourself that.

I think you should invest in getting a Clarisonic brush (it will exfoliate your skin and even out your skintone). It's pricey but well worth it considering you have clogged pores, it will improve your skin tremendously.

Good luck!

With six weeks to go, I would strongly recommend that you take high-intensity anti-biotics. Your skin will almost definitely improve significantly, although perhaps at the risk of a little stomach upset.

An antibiotic like Erythromycin 500mg at four times a day, would be of considerable benefit. That is the maximum dose, and the dose which is prescribed for serious infections. If that doesn't shift the acne, nothing will.

It would seem that there would be no other course of treatment that would be viable within this specific period of time. Retinoids require longer to become effective. The benzoyl peroxide regime will bleach your clothes and only irritate you more than anything else. Yes, it would appear that serious antibiotics are your best shot.

Other than that, just wash your face gently as usual, and do not touch your skin! :)

Good luck!

I went to see doc yesterday. and he switched my last beta acid peeling+blu-light treatment to IPL (will have the IPL next week). since now i'm more concern on the hyperpigmentation. i do get new breakouts, which are small and red with no heads. Thinking to use Neostrata product for that.

What do you guys think?

I'm kind of desperate since no improvement in testing everything: Antibioctic, BP, Differin, BCP, acid peeling, blu light.

At this point, your main concern should be about making sure your skin is "smooth" so that the make-up goes on top easily. And don't get hung up on hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. Bridal make-up can easily cover hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone, but it's harder to cover up if you have a lot of bumps or cysts. It's easy to get discouraged by discoloration in your skin and you start to think that whatever it is you are doing, it's not working. Whatever you decide to do, don't judge your progress by looking in the mirror (you will never be able to get rid of hyperpigmentation or spotchiness in time). But close your eyes and touch your skin (when you wash your face and your hands are clean) to FEEL if your skin is getting smoother. Use this as a gauge of your progress and NOT by the way it looks without make-up. Make sure the treatments that you are using focus on getting rid of the pimples (and not the hyperpigmentation!)

Book a great make-up artist (make-sure you tell them it's bridal) and an even better photographer because they can cover up whatever you didn't get in time for the wedding. Just have a great time!

Also, don't get sucked into trying too many products!!! This will only aggravate your skin more. Consistency is the key. Pick something and stick to it!

Have you looked into a vi-peel? It's supposed to stop acne in it's tracks and get rid of hyper-pigmentation in about one week. You have plenty of time to have one or two of them in addition to your IPL. That combo seems to be the current thing for acne at our estheticians office. You could also try some antibiotics as suggested and you could also ask your doctor for dexamethasone. I followed a thread a few years ago about a bride-to-be who went on that shortly before her wedding and it helped her out for her special day. I would also suggest you find a makeup person who specializes in air brush makeup which is what the stars use. You would probably look pretty spectacular right now after they got through with you and it might be fun to have it done. You will be fine and you have time for skin adjustments. I attended a wedding recently and the bride had less than perfect skin but she was so darned happy that I thought she glowed. I wish you all the best and congratulations!

At this point, your main concern should be about making sure your skin is "smooth" so that the make-up goes on top easily. And don't get hung up on hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. Bridal make-up can easily cover hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone, but it's harder to cover up if you have a lot of bumps or cysts. It's easy to get discouraged by discoloration in your skin and you start to think that whatever it is you are doing, it's not working. Whatever you decide to do, don't judge your progress by looking in the mirror (you will never be able to get rid of hyperpigmentation or spotchiness in time). But close your eyes and touch your skin (when you wash your face and your hands are clean) to FEEL if your skin is getting smoother. Use this as a gauge of your progress and NOT by the way it looks without make-up. Make sure the treatments that you are using focus on getting rid of the pimples (and not the hyperpigmentation!)

Book a great make-up artist (make-sure you tell them it's bridal) and an even better photographer because they can cover up whatever you didn't get in time for the wedding. Just have a great time!

Also, don't get sucked into trying too many products!!! This will only aggravate your skin more. Consistency is the key. Pick something and stick to it!